LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Security Manager!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $24.45 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 01, 2023)
Join our team at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Security Manager!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
We are looking for a Fire Life Safety Manager to provide safety and protection for guests and employees of The Oasis at Death Valley properties. You will lead and train the Fire Life Safety Team and the volunteer fire brigade. This role serves as a first responder in all guest and/or employee incidents and/or property wide emergency situations.
Start Date: October
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Housing
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free WIFI
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- On-site training and employee learning and development programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Develops and ensures implementation of the Fire Life Safety department’s programs, policies, procedures, processes, standards. and emergency preparedness plans.
- Conducts audits within the department to test and validate compliance with established policies, procedures, programs, etc.
- Ability to manage all safety-security investigations.
- Provide staff training in safety, the protection of life and property, as well as public relations.
- Responsible for Fire Brigade training of staff.
- Responsible for loss prevention elements including but not limited to key control, access authorization and CCTV monitoring.
- Reviews security related logs and incident reports and develop recommendations for department.
- Facilitates drug and alcohol testing program guidelines and procedures (including post-accident and reasonable suspicion) ensuring compliance with all Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality on all security-related issues and drug and alcohol testing issues.
- Develop and promote a proactive philosophy in deterring criminal activity, inappropriate employee behavior or actions, protection of property, and reduction in quality of life complaints.
- Foster positive relations and morale with all department managers and safety & security personnel.
- Act as a liaison to the Risk Management Director and/or HR Director keeping them abreast of all property, safety & security initiatives and trends, communicating results of post-accident and drug and alcohol testing as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive liaisons with NPS, INYO County, CHP and any other enforcement official.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development of safety & security personnel.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in safety, security and emergency medical services (EMS), hospitality, or risk management is preferred.
- Proven ability to train new employees in detailed procedures regarding safety-security work.
- Previous experience working on rural, municipal, or volunteer fire brigade and be able to train fire fighters in the safe and effective operation of various fire fighting equipment preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills as they relate to report writing and ability to train staff in proper report writing.
- Knowledge of workman compensation laws and reporting requirements.
- Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to obtain a California license within 30 days of hire.
- Possession of or ability to obtain First Aid/CPR and AED instructor certification.
- Required to complete elements of Incident Action Planning (IAP)
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods for time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, twist, reach, and grasp.
- Must be able to talk or hear, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!