Now Hiring Kitchen Supervisor for The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $22.40 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Food & Beverage team at The Oasis at Death Valley!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. Incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Kitchen Supervisor assists the Sous Chef in the supervision of the staff with emphasis on quality, cost control, sanitation and safety. This person is involved in all food preparation and service including banquets, EDR, buffets, pantry and utility.
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Wage: $22.40 per hour
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Employee Housing
- FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- FREE WIFI
- FREE Laundry Facilities
- FREE access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym, and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to Full-Time, Year-Round employees
- Onsite Training and Learning & Development Programs offered
- Employee discounts on Lodging, Retail, and Food & Beverage products at all Xanterra park locations
- Helps maintain budgeted food cost through portion control, utilizing leftovers and controlling waste. Adjusts to meet business levels.
- Responsible for the EDR kitchen and pantry, to ensure food quality and presentation.
- Monitors FIFO (First in First Out), making sure each area is properly labeled.
- Works with kitchen leads to keep storage areas clean and organized. Supports stewards to keep common areas organized and clean.
- Ensures sanitation guidelines per Serv-Safe are being followed; ensures sanitation buckets are in use and temperature checks and logs are being maintained.
- Ensures recipe books and portion controls are in use and being followed.
- Assists in monthly inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 2 years supervisory/management experience in a restaurant and/or hospitality kitchen, in multi-unit F&B operations preferred.
- Trained and knowledgeable in all stations of the kitchens.
- Leadership skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and be accountable for duties & projects.
- General computer knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Physical abilities to include: lifting, carrying, bending, walking, standing, stooping, and turning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!