LIVE, WORK, EXPLORE as a Baker at The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $20.30 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Food & Beverage team at The Oasis at Death Valley as a Baker!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. Incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Baker will prepare baked goods (breads, cakes, etc.) consistent with The Oasis at Death Valley Inn and Ranch recipes, menus, and standards. In addition, to ensure proper handling of all food in process items and the proper presentation of bakery items.
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Wage: $20.30 per hour
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Employee Housing
- FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- FREE WIFI
- FREE Laundry Facilities
- FREE access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym, and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to Full-Time, Year-Round employees
- Onsite Training and Learning & Development Programs offered
- Employee discounts on Lodging, Retail, and Food & Beverage products at all Xanterra park locations
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Properly store and handle all food products, and to promote safe and sanitary food handling techniques.
- Keep the work area and kitchen equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain open and positive communication with Chefs, Executive Chef, and Food and Beverage Director.
- Ensures baked goods are fresh and presented properly and are prepared using the standard product, formulas, and techniques to the specified amount.
- Ensures all food-in-process is properly maintained (hot food is hot, cold food is cold) and stored (covered, labeled, and dated).
- Maintains a work area is clean and orderly at all times.
- Perform other job-related assignments as directed.
- Must be able to use current technology/computers to perform the duties of the position.
- Cook prepared dough in ovens or on grills as needed, using molds, pans or sheets, depending on the proper baking technique for the item.
- Perform routine checks on raw materials to ensure they adhere to high-quality standards and are not expired or damaged.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients, the oven temperatures, conveyor speeds and humidity as needed so that all products come out as expected.
- At least 6 months experience as an Assistant Baker, Baker, or Pastry Chef. Will also consider a recent graduate of a Culinary Academy.
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders, and dough sheeters.
- Must possess or obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Must have good clean personal hygiene.
- Able to take direction and communicate professionally with others.
- Knowledgeable in-food-service sanitation standards and First in First Out (FIFO).
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally providing clear instructions/directions.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Attention to Detail skills to ensure safety and minimize food waste.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!