LIVE, WORK, EXPLORE in Death Valley as a Front Desk Supervisor at The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $17.30 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Lodging team at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Front Desk Supervisor!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. Incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for managing all aspects of the front desk including guest check in/check out, training new employees, handling guest complaints and managing reservations.
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Employee Housing
- FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- FREE WIFI
- FREE Laundry Facilities
- FREE access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym, and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to Full-Time, Year-Round employees
- Onsite Training and Learning & Development Programs offered
- Employee discounts on Lodging, Retail, and Food & Beverage products at all Xanterra park locations
- Fills in for the Front Desk Manager in his/her absence.
- Assist in training new employees on computer system, front office, and accounting procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of guest problems.
- Become proficient in check in/check out procedures and reservations.
- Change existing reservations to satisfy/accommodate guests.
- Block rooms for future guests and/or groups.
- Maintain bank, receiving cash, giving change and balancing at the end of shift.
- Answer phones in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create master folios for Group Sales, post charges and payments.
- One (1) year Front Desk supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Pleasant personality and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Computer or hotel computer experience.
- Must be able to meet and maintain grooming standards.
- Ability to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!