LIVE, WORK, EXPLORE at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Grounds Supervisor!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $20.30 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at The Oasis at Death Valley as the Grounds Supervisor!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. With incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Furnace Creek Golf Course at Death Valley offers great California desert resort golf, a unique golf vacation and an ideal winter getaway. At 214 feet below sea level, this 18-hole, par 70 course is also the world’s lowest elevation golf course. Palm and tamarisk trees frame the fairways and majestic mountains are visible from all areas of the course.
Rated one of “America’s 50 Toughest Courses” by Golf Digest, The Furnace Creek Golf Course at Death Valley offers golfers the chance to test their mettle against the low elevation, low barometric pressure, and perhaps even a coyote or two, that will make a golf ball dance in mysterious ways.
The Grounds Supervisor is tasked with the design, install, care, and maintenance of all plant materials and landscape features at The Oasis at Death Valley. The Grounds Supervisor will work directly under the Grounds Superintendent and serve as the front line supervisor for the department.
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Discounted Housing
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free WIFI
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- On-site training and employee learning and development programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Supervise landscape staff and assign daily tasks under the direction of the Grounds Superintendent.
- Help interview, hire, train and evaluate team members.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for all landscape areas.
- Design annual and perennial flowerbeds that enhance the overall experience and the overall presentation of the property.
- Purchase plant material within budgetary guidelines.
- Work and support other landscape team members.
- Maintain resort trees and shrubs.
- Monitor health and determine fertility and pesticide programs for landscape plantings.
- Create effective schedules that meet operational demands and provide adequate coverage.
- Schedule timely grounds keeping such as tree pruning, raking, trimming amongst other related tasks.
- Take environmental awareness and measures that protect resources and wildlife.
- Maintain, install, and schedule irrigation systems for landscape features.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional and courteous behavior with all guests and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly exposed to extreme conditions which include extreme hot conditions in the Summer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!