Now Hiring Front Desk Manager for The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $24.45 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 22, 2023)
Join our Lodging team at The Oasis at Death Valley!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. Incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Front Desk Manager will oversee the Front Office operations, Reservations, PBX, Concierge, and Bell Staff at the Inn or the Ranch. This position requires achieving maximum revenue and occupancy for the operations and maintaining the Oasis at Death Valley quality standards in meeting our guests’ expectations and services. Works closely with Housekeeping and Maintenance departments.
Start Date: March 22nd or later
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Wage: $24.45 per hour
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
Discounted Employee Housing
FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
FREE Laundry Facilities
FREE access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym, and sports courts
Benefits are offered to Full-Time, Year-Round employees
Onsite Training and Learning & Development Programs offered
Employee discounts on Lodging, Retail, and Food & Beverage products at all Xanterra park locations
- Supervise staff daily and consistently evaluate job performance of all front of house staff to include Guest service agents, PBX, Concierge and Bell staff
- Schedule Front Office Staff according to business demands to establish an efficient and economical operation.
- Coordinate the training of new employees and the on-going training of front office staff. Conduct annual reviews for assigned staff and administer corrective action as necessary.
- Perform rooms balancing to prevent booking errors and oversells.
- Manage the blocking of VIP rooms, tour rooms and special requests.
- Work closely with Sales Office on tour group bookings, ensuring proper room counts, rooming lists, and billing.
- Ensures that all groups, FIT’s, and special requests are blocked accordingly to our occupancy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all functions of the front office acquired through at least 2 years management experience preferably in guest service setting.
- Prior experience as a Front Office Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with guests, clients, and employees.
- Previous experience with front desk operating systems, telecommunication systems, ordering systems.
- Advanced computer skills to quickly learn POS systems and other front office systems.
- Possess valid Driver’s License and comply with the Oasis at Death Valley Company Vehicle Policy.
- Knowledge of and implementation of AAA 3 and 4 Diamond standards.
- Working knowledge of Front Office operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!