Now Hiring Restaurant Server at The Oasis at Death Valley!
Situated in a lush, spring-fed oasis, surrounded by the vast desert of Death Valley National Park!
- year round
- Death Valley, California
- $16.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 22, 2023)
Join our Food & Beverage team at The Oasis at Death Valley!
With over 3.4 million acres to explore, Death Valley is situated in the northern Mojave Desert in California and is the largest National Park outside of Alaska. Incredibly diverse ecosystems, sand dunes, mountains, and touting America's lowest elevations - Death Valley is an incredible place to call home. We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
The Oasis at Death Valley operates two hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and the world's lowest elevation golf course. Our historic AAA Four Diamond Inn and Ranch offer guests a variety of accommodations. Both hotels have swimming pools that are open annually and are fed from naturally warm local springs.
The Restaurant Server welcomes guests and provides service throughout their dining experience. This includes providing information on specials and menu changes, answers questions in a professional and courteous manner, taking orders and entering them in the point-of-sale system, adhering to all guest check and cash handling procedures, and other duties as assigned.
Start Date: March 22nd or later
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Wage: $16.00 per hour
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
Discounted Employee Housing
FREE breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
FREE Laundry Facilities
FREE access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym, and sports courts
Benefits are offered to Full-Time, Year-Round employees
Onsite Training and Learning & Development Programs offered
Employee discounts on Lodging, Retail, and Food & Beverage products at all Xanterra park locations
- Welcome and greet guests. Assist in making and recommending food choices from the menu.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes/deletions.
- Answer questions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system, deliver food and beverages from the kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Continually follow-up with guests regarding food and dining experience. Respond quickly and politely to guest requests.
- Strictly adhere to all guest check/cash handling policies and procedures as outlined in Xanterra and Oasis policies and procedures.
- Perform all side work and assigned duties efficiently and with goodwill, good spirit and team work.
- Maintain open communication with the server assistants and the Restaurant Manager.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 1-3 years front of house restaurant experience.
- Excellent customer service skills when dealing with guests and employees.
- Must be well groomed and have excellent personal hygiene.
- Must be able to write legibly and communicate clearly.
- Must possess basic math skills and money handling skills.
- Must possess or obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Must possess or obtain a TIPS certification for servers of alcohol within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Indoor fast-paced restaurant environment.
- Limited outdoor work in extreme summer temperatures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!