Live, Work, & Explore with amazing people. Memories made will last a lifetime. HOUSING PROVIDED!
In The Middle of Nowhere You’d Rather Be!
- Death Valley, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Why join our adventurous and fun work family?
Why Xanterra? Check us out! Our family of passionate people is seeking someone who is just as passionate as us. As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. Just ask!
Oh yes, about the job...
**Positions starting immediately** APPLY HERE
Legendary Hospitality with a softer footprint: The Oasis at Death Valley is nestled in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California – just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles. The resort offers two hotels – the historic upscale, four-diamond, 66-room Inn, and the family-orientated, 224-room Ranch. The resort also encompasses an 18-hole course (world’s lowest course at 214 feet below sea level), four restaurants & lounges, retail outlets, museum, spring-fed swimming pools, tennis courts, service station, as well as conference & banquet facilities for 10-120 guests. The resort recently completed a multi-million dollar revitalization that includes a full renovation of the Inn, including the addition of 22 casitas, as well as, new buildings at the Ranch. We have a wide range of opportunities throughout the resort, and know we can find the perfect match for you!
Job Summary: Perform assigned Housekeeping duties, assisting Guest Room Attendants as needed.
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley, you receive extremely discounted housing, breakfast, and lunch free, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full-time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
- Provide our guests with the best in service, courtesy, and care.
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Clean public lobbies, restrooms, and other guest use areas as assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness of housekeeping vacuums, closets, storage areas, and other equipment.
- Deliver linen, glassware and amenities to and from guest rooms.
- Comply with proper biohazard clean-up procedures.
- Assist with other housekeeping duties as assigned by the Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor
- Organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and count accurately.
- Being capable of self-supervision.
- Knowledge of carpet and floor care and proper use of equipment (training may be provided).
- Some locations may require a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a company vehicle for deliveries of guest requests.
- Ability to answer guest questions and give appropriate guidance.
- Stretching, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, kneeling, and climbing up and downstairs for up to 7-8 hours per shift.
- Making beds, stripping rooms, and cleaning toilets.
- The ability to push or pull 50-75 pounds on a daily basis.
- Working with required chemicals up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work at night and possibly over-night hours and shifts.
What's in it for you?
- Free Transportation from Airport to Oasis at Death Valley - No Car Needed!
- Extremely Discounted Meal Plan
- Free Golf!
- Endless Opportunities to Explore America's Second-Largest National Park
- Lodging Discount50% off Best Available Rate
- 30-40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20-30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 20-60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- $150 Referral Bonus
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Planned Activities and Trips
- Learning and Development
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Employee Housing
- Free access to Rec Center, Ranch Pool, Tym, and Sports Courts
- Free Park Entrance
- Free Cable
- Free WiFi
- Jeep Rental Discount
- Discounted Horseback Rides in the Winter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.