Teach students about equity and empathy through games, music, and outdoor exploration!
Camp MayMac is located in Felton, in the Santa Cruz Mountains surrounded by oak and redwood trees.
- $525.00 - $750.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Apr 13, 2023)
We are looking for dynamic, creative, experienced educators who are passionate about teaching social justice and creating inclusive communities. Program Instructors will participate in a staff training week followed by five weeks of teaching 4th and 5th graders at Mosaic’s Outdoor Project. Facilitation Fellows are trained by and co-facilitate with more experienced Program Instructors. This is a full-time residential position based at a camp in Felton, CA during the fall (September-October) and spring (April-May).
- Facilitate games, activities, and discussions that encourage students to appreciate and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, fun learning environment for our students.
- Work closely with other staff members to create a magical experience for our students they will never forget.
- Train a less experienced Facilitation Fellow.
- Supervise high-school aged cabin leaders.
- Share your unique experiences, talents and skills with our community.
- Minimum age of 24 (Program Instruction)
- Experience in human-relations/diversity/social justice/cross-cultural education.
- Experience working with children, especially ages 9-11.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills (Program Instruction) or desire to be trained in teaching and facilitation skills (Facilitation Fellow)
- Stamina to work extremely long, but rewarding hours.
- Ability and desire to live and work in a tight-knit, diverse community.
- Medical, counseling, musical, theatrical, and/or art experience is desired.
- Certifications in CPR, Wilderness First Aid, and lifeguarding are a plus.
- Passion for youth development, social justice, and creating peace!
Compensation begins at $675 for Program Instructors, plus room and board at the camp during the week. Weekend housing is also available if needed. Additional pay is offered to returning Program Instructors and those with lifeguard, WFR, or EMT certifications, as well as to guitarists who learn to lead campfires.
Please do not respond unless you are able to make the entire 6-week commitment to this residential program from April 13 through May 27.
The Mosaic Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in all areas of our work. Applications are strongly encouraged from people of color, people from low-income backgrounds, immigrants, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and genderqueer people, people who are differently-abled, and bilingual and bicultural people.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!