$25.00 / hour + tipsApply Now
This position includes a retention bonus of $5 per hour, paid at the end of the contract, for a total wage of $30 per hour. Drive a shuttle bus from Ward Cove’s historical Pulp Mill while having a set schedule with work-life balance where you can still enjoy Alaska! The CDL Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of guests between Ward Cove and downtown Ketchikan through the Tongass National Forest. Whether you like storytelling, touring, or just chatting with our guests - here you are more than just a driver! Position is non-exempt, hourly DOE.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Prioritize the safety of your vehicle and guests by driving carefully through a highway and town;
- Ensure safe and efficient boarding / disembarkation of guests with the Guest Service Representatives;
- Applies knowledge of the local area to provide information to passengers;
- Drive in accordance with federal and state (Alaska) DOT regulations and employer shuttle training;
- Apply knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations through required documents maintained daily;
- Performs inspections on shuttles and maintain shuttle cleanliness throughout the day;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely drive a shuttle bus while speaking to passengers, answering questions, and providing narration, while working in a team or group environment;
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees, and management;
- Knowledgeable in the importance of DVIRs and pre/post-trips;
- Preparedness in safety incidents that may require your assistance;
- Knowledge of the critical aspects of your vehicle and upkeep its condition;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to successfully complete company shuttle training program.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Commercial Driver's License, Class B without air brake restrictions and passenger endorsements required.
- Clean driving record with no infractions in the last three years.
- At least one-year related experience required.
- Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.