Retail Sales Associate
$16.00 / hourApply Now
Retail Sales Associates serve as a customer service representative for guests at The Mill at Ward Cove; assist guests with purchases; prepare and stock merchandise for sale; perform inventory control duties; organize and distribute merchandise. Perform other duties related to the successful operation of the retail store including cleaning and moderate lifting. Position is non-exempt, hourly DOE.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers;
- Maintain an awareness of the all-product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements;
- Always demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism;
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping;
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly;
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention;
- Knowledge and promotion of all Ward Cove venues and retail;
- Prepare, clean and organize all equipment and supplies for each day’s needs;
- Participate in all required training and educational clinics;
- Attend all safety training, meetings, and clinics;
- Maintain current knowledge of all safety procedures;
- Work as greeters to welcome guests and conduct guest orientations;
- Answer and address any guest concerns or questions;
- Assist with monitoring inventories of supplies; ensuring venues are clean and in top condition;
- Work a flexible schedule;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through Point-of-Sale computer system;
- Ability to communicate, read, count, and write accurately to complete all documentation;
- Ability to learn, retain and communicate information about retail products to cruise ship guests for sales and upselling of retail items;
- Must understand that exemplary customer service is a top priority and be able to communicate in a professional, friendly, and accurate manner;
- Accuracy in cash handling and a keen eye for detail;
- Must be flexible and able to produce appropriate solutions quickly, working across the organization at times;
- Must be able to find creative solutions to unique problems and employ a logical and organized thought process;
- Should possess good computer skills and be able to learn the internal booking system and accurately enter information.
Education and Experience:
- Previous retail sales experience preferred, but is not required
- Prolonged periods standing for 8 hours or more and walking.
- Work in a demanding environment with crowds.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.