Maintenance Manager in the Beautiful White Mountains of Arizona!
Captivating mountain views, lakes, and rivers with countless trails in the area!
- Greer, Arizona
- up to $35,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Sep 26, 2022)
This position will provide a variety of guest services to cabin owners as well as renters of the cabins. This position is responsible for maintaining communications with the administrative cabin manager and cabin owners, scheduling contractors and maintenance projects according to rental calendar with the cabin manager, coordinating/communicating with cleaning staff when fixes are requested, and taking part in the resort management team meetings to coordinate overall fluid functioning with the resort for weddings and events that cabins are part of.
Our cabin managers (maintenance and administrative) will be empowered to make decisions and guarantee total cabin owner and guest satisfaction. They must display great people skills, hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, and take pride of ownership as representatives of The Lost Resorts. This is a management position. We are offering meals (when the restaurant is open) and shared housing as a part of the compensation package.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- 40+ Hours per week, typical work days Thursday - Sunday - subject to change depending on resort needs and season
- Contact and schedule contractors for cabin remodels & specialized fixes
- Send professional emails to cabin owners explaining and relaying quotes from contractors
- Overseeing resort infrastructure to ensure functionality and safety
- Occasionally work in office setting, answering phone calls and taking down messages for management
- On Call duties, will be first or second contact during off hours if maintenance emergency
- Inspect resort grounds & buildings regularly to ensure they are meeting safety standards
- Arrange for routine maintenance in cabins, restaurant, office, and facilities (e.g. kitchens, meadows, other)
- Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
- Plan and oversee renovations and construction
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
- Manage relationships with contractors, service providers, cabin guests, and cabin owners
- Event setup, lawn care, activity setup, maintaining fire pits and building fires
- Drive guests down to cabins with luggage on mule/ATV, luggage cabin moves
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs
- Other duties as needed
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to the email provided.