Make your new office space the ski slopes of Big Sky!
Big Sky, MT. Enough said
- Big Sky, Montana
- $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Lodge at Big Sky, managed and operated by Krishna Management Inc. (KMI) is looking for a General Manager. KMI is a full-service hotel management company specializing in the midscale and select service segments of the hospitality industry.
KMI offers a competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision. Full-time employees receive paid time off and a generous company paid holiday schedule.
Bonus eligibility is up to 50% of pay based on individual and company performance indicators. Additional information will be shared in the interview and hiring process.
Benefits include: Vision, Dental, Health, PTO, and subsidized housing costs if relocating to Big Sky.
Essential Job Functions
- Recruits, hires, and trains quality staff.
- Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific work duties.
- Uploads all information for hires, transfers, pay changes, terminations, and other personnel paperwork in a timely manner.
- Approves time and attendance records, ensuring employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
- Reviews and approves property payroll daily. Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Conducts performance reviews for team members
- Follows progressive disciplinary process to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages the hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
- Develops, administers, and reviews property revenue and expense budgets each day.
- Monitors the administration of Accounts Receivable. Maintains ADR to target by controlling discounts and ensures guest payments are made on time.
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, business partners, clients, etc. Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces, and storage areas daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
- Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards, and ensures all team members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews daily front office procedures and assures proper transmission of all necessary information to the corporate office.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
- Establishes and implements company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with RDO, peers, and staff members as necessary.
- Conducts essential sales activity including: inside sales, competitive set lot drives, and sales calls. Sends local, regional, and national leads to VP of Operations and Ownership.
- Essential functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a General Manager in the hotel industry required.
- Some college courses completed in Hotel/Restaurant management preferred.
- Good managerial, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Good people/interpersonal skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system across different platforms.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time benefit eligible position. This position typically works 50 hours per week, however employees in this position must be available for afterhours or weekend emergencies. From time to time, this position may be required to take overnight call or cover evening or weekend shifts when critical staffing needs arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping.
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter on all applications.