Expand your horsemanship and outdoor experience in the most exclusive mountainscape in the west!
Please note we are 40 miles from the closest town (Steamboat Springs, CO).
- Savery, Wyoming
- $16.00 - $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 01, 2023)
About Three Forks:
At Three Forks, we are a close-knit team that works together to manage the expansive operation and provide the best possible experience to our loyal guests. Not only do we provide world-class outdoor recreation guidance, but we also maintain a focus on wellness and nutrition with our luxury spa offerings, unique fitness and cooking classes, and unmatched dining experience.
By being a part of Three Forks, you will have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the hospitality industry, while living in a stunning location along the Little Snake River.
To learn more, check out our website at https://threeforksranch.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Horsemanship, riding, and training ability and experience (see application components)
- Guest service skills, or the desire to build guest service skills (including the ability to communicate riding tips, explain horsemanship concepts, and maintain a comfortable conversation)
- Tractor/trailer operating experience – experience operating machinery on mountain roads and moving hay considered a plus
- Ability to lift approximately 30-40 pounds to saddle horses
- Comfort leading up to six guests at a time on a trail ride through mountainous terrain – the opportunity to develop this comfort is available in wrangler training
- Preference given to potential long-term candidates
- Experience with maintenance of horses and tack (including medicating, feeding, watering, grooming, and tacking horses, as well as cleaning and fitting tack)
- Interest working in a secluded location in a natural, untouched landscape
- Eagerness to work as a team to provide the best care to our horses and the best experience to our guests
- Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Minimum age requirement: 18+ years old
- The opportunity to build your riding career with a Three Forks-owned herd on one of the most beautiful, expansive properties in the West
- Potential to expand outdoor recreation knowledge with a wide range of year-round activities (archery, hiking, biking, sporting clays, skiing [downhill and Nordic], snowshoeing, etc.)
- Compensation includes: competitive pay; on-site housing (electric, water, snow removal, phone, and internet included in very competitive rent price); three meals per day every day (not just work days); access to the 24-hour, well-equipped staff gym; and employee discount on spa services, wellness classes, and gift shop
- Small wrangler team, allowing for focused training with individual horses
How to Apply
- Resume with at least two references
- Cover letter
- Video(s) (or links to video(s)) showcasing your tacking, riding, and applicable horsemanship skills – any discipline welcomed
- Approximate date of earliest availability