Seeking Line Cooks at a Luxury Ranch Near Steamboat Springs, CO
- Savery, Wyoming
- $600.00 / week + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is seeking Line Cooks.
Seasonal job runs: May 1 (or soonest available start date in May) through November 1
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch, an exquisite guest destination, has recently partnered with the top-ranked Mayo Clinic to form an unparalleled partnership in the Wellness Industry. As we are expanding our facility to include a 20,000+ sq. ft. wellness facility and new guest accommodations, we are also looking to expand our incredible Three Forks Team.
The Line Cook role is to essentially prepare and cook all menu items to the Exec Chef’s S.O.P.’s and maintain the cleanliness and food safety standards.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the Exec Chef to meet the standard and the quality of 3 Forks Ranch
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Sous chef/Jr. Sous to complete the daily tasks
- Coordinates daily cleaning duties with the Exec Chef/Pastry Chef
- Responsible to supervise dishwashers
- Able to estimate the daily production needs utilizing daily expo sheet and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Ensure that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning
- Daily cleaning of all equipment, benches, floors and any other cleaning task set out by the Pastry Chef/Executive Chef
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section
- Consults daily with Executive Chef on the daily requirements, special orders and any last-minute requests
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
- Possess good knife skills
- A high standard of spoken and written English
- Possess knowledge of all modern cooking techniques, including but not limited to; sous vide cooking, molecular gastronomy, broiling, poaching, pan searing, braising, siphoning, smoking, roasting, frying, baking, pickling, rolling sushi, fermenting.
- Have a strong knowledge of various world cuisines, including but not limited to; Modern American, Classic French, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Spanish, Central American, South American, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Indian, British
- Possess at least a basic knowledge in all sections of the kitchen; sauce, vegetable, butchery, salad, pastry, garde-manger, grill, stoves
Work Environment: As previously touched upon, the CDP is responsible for ensuring that the cleanliness of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is maintained to the highest standards following guidelines set out by the Executive Chef. This is to ensure that all kitchen staff are working in a hygienic and safe environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the role include but not limited to; being on your feet for long periods of time, bending, using step ladders, lifting up to 50lbs, working in a hot environment, working in a cold environment
Hours of Work: Expected hours of work vary by season and business demands. During times of having no guests in-house, a minimum of 40 hours per week is required.
Preferred education and Experience: It is preferred that you have a culinary degree with at least 3 years certification. You must have at least 3 years of experience in either a high-end restaurant and/or hotel.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Weekly salary
- Eligible for end of year bonus
- Housing, including electric, propane and snow removal; no rent
- Phone, internet, and cable at no cost
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner 365 days of the year; no cost
- 24-hour staff gym
- Employee discount on spa services, wellness classes, outdoor activities, gift shop
- Mandatory mask wearing by all staff
- Guests required to wear masks in main areas of Lodge
- On site nurse tests all staff in contact with guests for COVID at least once a week; overnighted to Mayo Clinic for results in 48hrs
- On site nurse tests all guests upon arrival; rapid test gives us results in 20-30 minutes so know immediately if a guest should arrive with COVID
- If a guest has a positive result, all members of the group and that individual will not be allowed to stay, keeping us a COVID free resort
- Constant sanitization by all employees, especially housekeepers
Please note we are 40 miles from the closest town (Steamboat Springs, CO). Applicants must love the outdoors and thrive in living in a secluded area. Visit our website to better understand who we are www.threeforksranch.com.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and references to Chef Kris Gerlach at firstname.lastname@example.org