Hiring a Staff Dining Kitchen Manager for a Luxury Guest Ranch in the Rockies
- Savery, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 11, 2019)
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is currently searching for a Kitchen Manager for our Staff Dining Facility, River Rock. This is a full time, year-round, salaried position that includes full health benefits. Housing for the employee is included as well as electricity, propane, cable, and snow removal. Phone and internet is at the cost of the employee. Meals are provided for all employees.
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is an exquisite guest destination catering to outdoor enthusiasts in the summer, fall and winter. Located 40 miles North of Steamboat Springs, CO, this 200,000 acre ranch sits on the border of Wyoming and Colorado where guests fly fish, private powder cat ski, and big game hunt as well as do everything from hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding, to snowmobiling and ice fishing; anything one can imagine doing outside, we can do. Pair this with a 15 bedroom lodge, full spa, incredible cuisine, and unmatched attention to detail, and guests have an experience that we believe sets Three Forks Ranch apart from all other luxury guest destinations.
The Staff Dining Kitchen Manager will report directly to the Kitchen Manager in conjunction with the Lodge Manager and Assistant Lodge Manager and will work closely will all Upper Management to facilitate the day to day running of the River Rock kitchen.
This is a physically demanding position. The Staff Dining Kitchen Manager is expected to be scheduled for cooking shifts throughout the week along with overseeing all meals in River Rock prepared by other staff. This person will be on his/her feet throughout the shift, constantly moving. He/she must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be that assisting with food orders, putting away orders and/or organizing dry storage, coolers, etc.
Job Description/Duties/Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
The Staff Dining Kitchen Manager is responsible for ordering and maintaining all food inventory for River Rock, for all staff meals. The Staff Dining Kitchen Manager will work closely with the culinary team and oversee all training and scheduling and will manage the culinary staff in River Rock. He/she will be cooking on the line and must have extensive culinary knowledge in order to create recipes, implement menus created and maintain consistency throughout the season. He/she must also be experienced at maintaining and staying within a budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Implement & assist with the creation of menus and recipes in accordance with the Three Forks expectations and management
- Execute recipes and maintain consistency throughout the entire season
- Order and maintain all inventory for River Rock, for all staff meals
- Maintain food cost and stay within a budget determined by Three Forks management
- Assist Upper Management with kitchen hiring by vetting resumes and giving input regarding qualifications of candidates
- Schedule and manage the culinary staff of 4+
- Train culinary staff on all staff menus: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Promote safety and proper sanitation
- Oversee the cleaning responsibilities of the culinary staff by creating and checking cleaning lists and holding the team accountable for those duties
- Work closely with the Kitchen Manager on all the above items
- Handle employee concerns and issues
- Control food waste
- Supervise the work of others
- Pay attention to detail
- Extensive hands-on experience in food, well-developed sense of taste and smell
- Leadership, organization and the ability to work quickly and efficiently in high-stress situations, comfortable multi-tasking, and professional at all times
- Assist and support all culinary and front of house staff, and all management
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility with shifts, duties, and long hours
- Ability to lift 50lbs and be on feet for long periods of time
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance, grooming, and hygiene
- Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and of necessary precautionary measures
POSITION START IMMEDIATELY
PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
MUST HAVE A VEHICLE AND VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
Please note we are 40 miles from the closest town (Steamboat Springs, CO). Applicants must love the outdoors and thrive in living in a secluded area. Visit our website to better understand who we are.