Now Hiring a Kitchen Manager for a Luxury Guest Ranch in the Rockies
- Savery, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Dec 01, 2017)
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is currently searching for a Kitchen Manager. This is a full time, year-round, salaried position that includes full health benefits. Housing for the employee is included as well as electricity, propane, and snow removal. Phone, internet, and cable is at the cost of the employee. Meals are provided for all employees.
The Lodge & Spa at Three Forks Ranch is an exquisite guest destination catering to outdoor enthusiasts in the summer, fall and winter. Located 40 miles North of Steamboat Springs, CO, this 200,000 acre ranch sits on the border of Wyoming and Colorado where guests fly fish, private powder cat ski, and big game hunt as well as do everything from hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding, to snowmobiling and ice fishing; anything one can imagine doing outside, we can do. Pair this with a 15 bedroom lodge, full spa, incredible cuisine, and an unmatched attention to detail, and guests have an experience that we believe sets Three Forks Ranch apart from all other luxury guest destinations.
The Kitchen Manager will report directly to the Lodge Manager and Assistant Lodge Manager and will work closely will all Upper Management to facilitate the day to day running of the Lodge and River Rock kitchens, and satellite houses in September & October.
This is a physically demanding position. The Kitchen Manager is expected to be away from his/her desk throughout the day, overseeing all meals in both the River Rock and the Lodge. This person will be on his/her feet throughout the shift, constantly moving. He/she must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be that assisting with food orders, putting away orders and/or organizing dry storage, coolers, etc.
Job Description/Duties/Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for ordering and maintaining all food inventory for the Lodge and River Rock, for both guest and staff meals and for any satellite houses as needed. The Kitchen Manager will work closely with the culinary team and oversee all training and scheduling and will manage the culinary staff. He/she will not be cooking on the line but must have extensive culinary knowledge in order to create recipes, implement menus created by Three Forks Management, and maintain consistency throughout the season.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Implement & assist with the creation of menus and recipes in accordance with the Three Forks expectations and management
- Execute recipes and maintain consistency throughout entire season
- Order and maintain all inventory for the Lodge, River Rock, and Satellite Houses for both guest and staff meals
- Maintain food cost
- Assist Upper Management with kitchen hiring by vetting resumes and giving input regarding qualifications of candidates
- Schedule and manage the culinary staff of 3-5 in the winter and 7-10 in the summer
- Train culinary staff on both guest and staff menus
- Promote safety and proper sanitation
- Oversee the cleaning responsibilities of the culinary staff by creating and checking cleaning lists and holding the team accountable for those duties
- Work closely with the Lodge Manager and Assistant Lodge Manager on handling guests needs – allergies, etc.
- Handle employee concerns and issues
- Control food waste
- Supervise the work of others
- Pay attention to detail
- Extensive hands-on experience in food, well-developed sense of taste and smell
- Leadership, organization and the ability to work quickly and efficiently in high-stress situations, comfortable multi-tasking, and professional at all times
- Assist and support all culinary and front of house staff, and all management
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility with shifts, duties, and long hours
- Ability to lift 50lbs and be on feet for long periods of time
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance, grooming, and hygiene
- Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and of necessary precautionary measures
START DATE IMMEDIATE
PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
MUST HAVE A VEHICLE AND VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
Please note we are 40 miles from the closest town (Steamboat Springs, CO). Applicants must love the outdoors and thrive in living in a secluded area. Visit our website to better understand who we are.
How to Apply
Please complete the online questionnaire so we can get to know you a bit better, in addition to emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org