Resident Innkeeper Position on Beautiful and Rugged Mackinac Island, Michigan!
The Beautiful and Rugged Great Lakes
- Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2020)
We are currently seeking a Resident Innkeeper to work and live at our historic bed and breakfast, Pine Cottage.
The position is full time and begins Mid-April and runs through late October.
About Mackinac Island
Mackinac Island is a unique place located between Michigan's rugged upper and lower peninsulas where Lake Huron and Lake Michigan meet. There are no motor vehicles on the Island, which is accessible only by ferry, plane and private watercraft.
No motor vehicles mean no rush hour, no commute and little pollution. Leave a big portion of your carbon footprint on the mainland. Walk or ride your bike to get around. When you are not trapped in a car you have a chance to see the water and see the trees. Things slow down, you suddenly have a chance to say hello to people. Mackinac Island has a sense of community as a direct result of this freedom.
You can be in the woods on a secluded trail in less than ten minutes after work. You can have a rock beach all to yourself if you head a mile out of town on a bike. The Island is 80% State Park and it is here for all of us to share.
If you are tired of watching other people have adventures on TV, live your own!
Live it on Mackinac Island!
The Resident Innkeeper is responsible for providing a quality guest experience from beginning to end of the stay, while also monitoring and managing the physical property. Well-suited for a couple.
- Serve as main caretaker and host of the property
- Maintain essential functions of the property and supervise house at all times
- Act as a liaison to maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure urgent requests are taken care of promptly and effectively
- Maintain a friendly and accommodating attitude for guests
- Act as a resource for guests who inquire about the property, their personal stay, future trips in the area, etc.
- Assist guests accordingly and tend to their specified needs throughout their stay in person and over the phone
- Provide concierge services such as assisting guests with dinner and entertainment suggestions and make reservations for guests, as required
- Ensure the property and rooms are tended to before guest arrival
- Process guest check-in and checkout, assign keys and capture payment when necessary
- Accurately balance a bank at beginning and end of day
- Coordinate daily tea and cookie hour
- Cook, prepare and serve continental breakfast each morning
- Responsible for ordering and tracking breakfast inventory
- Coordinate execution of special requests from guests
- Print and manage essential documentation for guests’ stay, inclusive of a registration card, welcome letter, and folio.
- Coordinate and monitor guest check-out time
- Ensure cleanliness of the property, including kitchens, guest rooms, and public spaces
- Inspect arriving guest rooms for cleanliness
- Assist in luggage transport to and from ferry docks
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs and general computer literacy
- Must adhere to a presentable dress code
- Specialized concierge historical knowledge of Mackinac Island
Special Position Requirements
- Must be available overnight and for multiple days in succession
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW for more details and to complete our online application.