Reservations Manager for Classic Water Front Family Owned Hotel
- Start Date:
The Island House Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan is seeking a Reservations Manager.
Position beginning in late April and running through the end of October.
There is excellent housing available for this candidate on Mackinac Island through the season's close
Pay is $600.00 to $650.00 per week based on experience.
About Mackinac Island
Mackinac Island is a unique place located between Michigan’s rugged Upper Peninsula and Lower Peninsula where Lake Huron and Lake Michigan meet. There are no motor vehicles on the Island, which is accessible by only ferry, plane, and private watercraft. No motor vehicle means no rush hour, no commute, and no pollution.
Leave a big portion of your carbon foot print on the mainland. Walk or ride your bike to get around. When you are not trapped in a car you have a chance to see the water and see the trees. Things slow down, you suddenly have a chance to say hello to people. Mackinac Island has a sense of community as a direct result of this freedom from cars.
You can be in the woods on a secluded trail in less than ten minutes after work. You can have a rock beach all to yourself if you head a mile out of town on a bike. 80% of the Island is a State Park and it is here for all of us to share.
If you are a sea kayaker, bring your boat. The Straits of Mackinac are the real deal. You would be one of a handful of brave souls who call these waters home. You would be a pioneer in area where you could go a whole season and see just a few other paddlers.
Tired of watching other people have adventures on TV? Live your own on Mackinac Island!
Ensures the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue in order to meet, or exceed, the revenue target.
Supervise general job performance of reservation staff implementing of policies and procedures under guidance of General Manager, training, perform any other duties might requested by General Manager or President.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of entire reservation procedure.
- Knowledge of Resort Data Processing reservations system.
- Handling of correspondences as directed by the General Manager.
- Allocate daily tasks to Reservations Staff.
- Review reservations booked daily.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast.
- Responsible for staff training.
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates.
- Communicate with Sales Department regarding occupancy.
- Identify Top Producing Accounts ensure proper recognition by Reservation staff.
- Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services and ensures reservations agents are equally knowledgeable.
- Responsible for various occupancy reports and distribution to department heads.
- Monitoring telephone manner and general performance of reservations staff daily.
- Ensure special handling of repeat guests and VIP guests.
- Monitors and coordinates group reservations activity with the Sales Department.
- Follows up tentative bookings and update reservation status
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel’s policy
- Bring to the attention General Manager when the hotel availability status be changed and prepare for necessary action.
- Responsible for work schedule
- Reports to General Manager and President.