Executive Sous Chef needed for our Incredible and Historic Hotel + Restaurant
The Inn at Stonecliffe on Mackinac Island
- Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 27, 2020)
The Inn at Stonecliffe on historic Mackinac Island is looking for a seasonal Executive Chef, to start in April 2020 and work until mid-October of 2020.
The Cudahy Chophouse has been a Mackinac tradition for years, and we are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to help run the show. You will be responsible to execute/maintain a menu set forth by our Executive Chef.
- The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for directing and overseeing the culinary foodservice operations, throughout the property.
- Provide optimal service while operating within predetermined budgetary guidelines.
- This position is responsible for providing overall leadership in the creative development and quality assurance in culinary operations as standards set forth by our Executive Chef.
- The Executive Sous Chef will promote and facilitate an interactive leadership role for the established culinary departments and embrace the local community as the face of our culinary experience.
- The Executive Sous Chef will focus on supervising and supporting the day to day activities in the kitchen by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- The Executive Sous Chef will be effectively engaged in the communities; successfully promoting the restaurants and other F&B offerings.
Essential Duties and Skills
- The full grasp and understanding of menu design, product specifications, cleanliness and sanitation, and food, labor and operating expenses' cost controls.
- Maintains standards/food specs set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Identifies and sources required products in the culinary areas.
- Monitors guests, partners, and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work as a team in partnership with the Executive Chef, GM, Sales & Catering Manager and other departments.
- Collaborates with operational leaders in the on-going execution of the company's culinary operations.
- Act as a liaison between the property as the culinary face to our community
Background check and references required. Previously published menu required. The Inn at Stonecliffe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email resume to email@example.com to be considered. No calls, please. EOE.