Savory Cook for locally owned family store in beautiful Montana mountains!
Small mountain town nestled among several beautiful peaks and rivers!
- Big Sky, Montana
- $17.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Savory Cook has exceptional skills and a desire to craft healthy, savory foods including soups, salads, entrées and more. They love cooking and have a pallet that is fresh and healthy, they are able to prioritize tasks, and are efficient in producing large quantities of food. This position is also responsible for motivating and coaching savory ad prep cooks to not only provide outstanding product to customers, but to also uphold a positive work environment.
- Follow and complete prep list each shift
- Label & stock ingredients
- Slice meats, cheese, vegetables (ability to use industrial slicer), prepare eggs, potatoes, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are properly stored
- Execute special orders
- Follow recipes to achieve consistency
- Follow cooking schedule set by Department Manager
- Assist in the development of recipes, menu changes and adjustments based on seasonality and cost-effectiveness
- Assist in the oversight and management of cross-utilization of products between Town Center and Mountain store
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Assist with ordering supplies, foods and ingredients
Room to explore creating recipes alongside Lead Cook!
This position has seasonal/year-round flexibility.
Experience cooking in any setting; commercial, home, production, etc!
How to Apply
Please click the button below to apply.