Ski Free This Winter! Work Hard, Play Hard
The Highlands is a family-owned, four-season destination located in Harbor Springs, Michigan and established in 1963. With 435 skiable acres, Boyne Highlands is the largest ski area in the Lower Peninsula and also offers the highest vertical terrain and mile-long runs.
We are located in Harbor Springs, Michigan. 5 miles from Lake Michigan, 20 miles from Lake Huron. Our town is small and quaint.
About The Highlands
The Highlands is a family-owned, four-season destination located in Harbor Springs, Michigan, and established in 1963. With 435 skiable acres, Boyne Highlands is the largest ski area in the Lower Peninsula and also offers the highest vertical terrain and mile-long runs.
The winter season also offers Zipline Adventures, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, fat tire snow biking, the Aonach Mor Moonlight Dinner, and much more.
The summer season delights with 72 holes of championship golf, a par-3 course, spa, horseback trail rides, biking, scenic chairlift rides, Segway PT Tours, and The Young Americans Dinner Theatre.
The Employee Experience
Join The Highlands Family
Looking for a new career opportunity? Consider Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs. Sure, we offer free golf and ski passes for our team members, but we’re more than just a free pass.
Working at Boyne Highlands Resort gives you an opportunity to grow with us while we embark on a very exciting transformation!
Working at our resort is about being welcomed in as a member of the Highlands family. On average, our team members have been employed with us for over 7 years – and many have started in an entry-level position and flourished with continued career advancement opportunities.
Ready to join the Highlands family?
We want fun, energetic, adventurous team members. We work hard and typically every day is different from the day before! You get an opportunity to meet many wonderful people and learn more every day!
Room and Board
- Share room with up to 4 people per room.
- Twin Bunks
- On-site "paid" laundry
- housing is "on-site"
- Private bathroom per room.
Team Member Benefits
Our team members get to experience all that our resort has to offer. Team members immediately receive great benefits like:
- A free Golf Pass and Ski Pass for both you and your family
- 40% off at the various Boyne Restaurants
- Discounts at other Boyne Resorts such as 30% Spa treatments at the Inn at Bay Harbor and Boyne Mountain
- Free Passes to Avalanche Bay Water Park at Boyne Mountain
- Discounts on lodging for Friends and Family
- Team Member Child Care
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO and Paid Sick Leave
- Service and Loyalty Bonus Program – up to 5% of gross wages per season!
- Seasonal Team Member Health Insurance
- & More!
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are a remote location with minimal access to taxis/buses. a vehicle is recommended, but not 100% necessary! You will make friends with cars.
Recent Resort Awards
- MTBParks.com's Best Mountain Bike Parks in North America Riders' Choice Awards in 2015, 2014, and 2013
- Named a Family Vacation Critic Favorite in 2016, 2015, and 2014
- TripAdvisor's "Certificate of Excellence" in 2015, 2013, and 2012
- GOLF Magazine's "Top 10 Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Value (#1)" in 2015
- GOLF Magazine's "Top 10 Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts (#2)" in 2015
- GOLF Magazine's "Top 10 Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Buddy Trips (#2)" in 2015
- Golf Digest's "The Best Teachers In Your State" - Brian O'Neill, BOYNE Golf Academy in 2015/16
- GOLF Magazine's "Premier Golf Resorts: Silver Award" in 2014/15
- Petoskey News-Review "Best Ski/Snowboarding Resort" - Best of the Northwest Readers' Poll
- Golf Digest's "Michigan's Best Teachers" - Brian O'Neill, BOYNE Golf Academy in 2014
- Golf Digest's "Top 75 Golf Resorts in America"
- Golf Digest's "Top 10 Mountain Resorts in the United States"
- GOLF Magazine's "One of America's Best Golf Resorts "Travel + Leisure's "World's Best Golf Resorts" Condé Nast Traveler's "Top 100 Golf Resorts"
Recent Golf Awards
National Golf Course Owners Association
- 2019 National Course of the Year | The Heather
Michigan Golf Course Owners Association
- 2018 Golf Course of the Year | The Heather
- #92 America's Top 100 Greatest Public Courses, 2019 | The Heather
- Best In State, 2013-2017 | The Heather
- America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses | The Heather
- Top 50 Courses for Women | The Heather
- Top 75 Golf Resorts in America
- Top 10 Mountain Resorts in the United States
GOLF Magazine | GOLF.com
- One of America's Best Golf Resorts
- Best Public Golf Courses in Michigan, 2012 | The Heather
- #1 - Top Ten Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Value, 2015, 2017
- #2 - Top Ten Favorite Golf Resorts, 2015, 2017
- #2 - Top Ten Favorite U.S. Golf Resorts for Buddy Trips, 2015
- #196 - Top 200 Resort Courses You Can Play, 2021 | Arthur Hills
- Best Resort Courses, 2017, 2019 | Arthur Hills
- Best Courses You Can Play, 2010-2011, 2014 | Arthur Hills
- Best Courses You Can Play, 2010 | The Heather
- America's Best Courses | The Heather
- Top 25 Golf & Ski Resort in America, 2021
- Top 10 Golf Courses | Arthur Hills
- Top 10 Golf Courses | The Heather
Travel + Leisure
- World's Best Golf Resorts
Conde Nast Traveler
- Top 100 Golf Resorts
Golf for Women
- Top 50 Courses for Women
Recent Meeting Awards
- Groups Today Readers' Choice Finalist
- Michigan Meetings + Events' "Best Golf Venue"
How to Apply
Visit our website via the link below and complete an application on our application portal.