Come Fish in the beautiful Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming!
At the foot of the Bighorn Mountains in Shell, Wyoming
- Shell, Wyoming
- + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (Apr 29, 2018)
Come Fish, Work and Live in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming!
The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch is a very popular riding, fly-fishing and working cattle destination and we are looking for an experienced fly-fisherman or woman to join our 2018 team!
Do you have great fly-fishing skills and are friendly and outgoing? Would you like to spend your days fishing at the foot of and in the Bighorn Mountains in some of the most spectacular scenery in the United States? Would you like to share your love of fly-fishing with people from all over the world? Would you like to help people become comfortable and confident tying a fly and casting into a mountain stream? If you said yes to these questions, The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch is the place for you.
The core of our culture is what we call The 3 C’s of Character, Conduct, and Competence. We can train for Competence, but the other two C’s (Character and Conduct) are inherent and tell a lot about a person based on how they behave and present themselves in all situations. Although we work hard, we also have a lot of fun. Our goal is to be the best. To help us achieve that goal, we try to pick the best staff possible and take care of them to best of our abilities. Being part of our team will enrich your life experiences and create memories for both you and the guests we serve.
Along with living on a spectacular riding, fly-fishing, working cattle and adventure ranch with access to approximately 650,000 acres for recreational use, your duties will be both challenging and rewarding.
The Hideout hires guides who have a solid fly-fishing background
General Requirements for the Fly-Fishing Guide Position
We require that our fly-fishing guide have excellent fly-fishing skills along with proven guest service skills and the desire to work long hard days in a hands-on learning environment. At The Hideout, we embrace diversity, enthusiasm and an open-mind approach to life. We believe in a respectful, positive and disciplined work environment.
- Responsibility for the entire fly-fishing program for our guests
- Manage the fly-rods, flies, lines and other equipment and materials needed for fly-fishing
- Show guests of all levels of fly-fishing a good time and teach them the technique of fly-fishing as well as taking care of fish, the streams and general habitat.
- Teach interested guests how to tie flies
- Must also be willing to guide other activities such as trap-shooting, archery and other outdoor activities
- Must be a team player who is willing to help in other areas of the ranch when not guiding guests; experience with horses is a plus but not necessary.
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a driving background check.
Our guide must be at least 21 years of age and be available for the entire 2018 season from May to early November.
What do we offer?
- A job and experience working for a professional and organized operation
- A work environment that is respectful and cares about staff, horses, travelers and the environment
- A respectful, honest and safe working environment
- A rarely seen diversity and terrain to fish
- Work with and guide people from around the world
- Well maintained, clean and nice homes to live in (not bunkhouse living)
- Most evenings except Friday guides are free and not required to entertain guests
- A competitive salary package that is part performance related
Jobs may start as early as May 1, 2018, and will be through the first week of November 2018.