LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE. at The Grand Hotel at Grand Canyon National Park!
Located just one mile from the entrance of the iconic South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
- year round
- $15.55 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our Team at The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon!
Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at The Grand Hotel, you will get all three! You will become a proud steward of the hotel and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! This rustic yet elegant 121-room hotel gives employees easy access to the sheer splendor of the Grand Canyon.
This position oversees and performs the daily accounting functions for the cash operations and internal controls of The Grand Hotel and the Tusayan Trading Post operations as well as some administrative responsibilities. Must have vehicle and be willing to commute between Tusayan and Flagstaff as needed.
Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Year-Round, Full-Time
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
As our employee, you receive affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of The Grand Hotel and Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Ensure that all security procedures mandated by the Flagstaff regional accounting office are followed on a daily basis to allow for secure operations surrounding the main safe working funds and safety deposit box keys for The Grand Hotel and Tusayan Post.
- Point of contact for The Grand Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post operations managers and cashiers in regard to cash handling (payments, end-of-shift reporting, problems, etc.,) to help ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Maintain a suitable par level of cash denominations in the cash operations safe to allow for smooth operations at The Grand Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post; complete change orders as needed from NBA/Loomis.
- Pick up daily deposit drops and recap envelopes at The Grand Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post from operating unit safes with a designated Grand Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post employee.
- Open, balance, and accurately record all cash deposits dropped in the Safe Point and manual drop safes that were completed by money handlers at both properties. Submit cash deposit reports to the sales and cash auditors in the Flagstaff accounting office on a daily basis.
- Consolidate all cashier deposit drops from the manual drop safes at The Grand Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post into one daily deposit for each property and prepare for pick-up by Loomis.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must have prior office experience, preferably in an accounting office.
- Must have prior cash-handling experience.
- Must have previous computer experience with a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Windows-based software programs to be able to communicate effectively via email (Outlook) and for tracking and reconciling applicable reports (Excel and Word).
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to maintain flexibility in carrying out daily job duties, organizing and managing multiple priorities and tasks while interacting with a diversified staff.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations in a public setting and resolve job-related problems in a professional manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with co-workers, the Flagstaff regional accounting office staff, and property managers, working together in a positive work environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English; communicate professionally, effectively, and clearly face-to-face, and in written communication with all levels of the organization, leadership and with the Assistant Controller, Regional Internal Auditor, and Regional Controller.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid Arizona driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!