Live, Work, Explore at the Grand Hotel just outside of Grand Canyon National Park!
Located just one mile from the iconic South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
- year round
- $21.45 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Come join our Front Desk team at The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon!
Are you enthusiastic about caring for the comfort of guests while creating memories that last a lifetime? The Grand Hotel is a 3-diamond hotel that has 121 standard and deluxe guest rooms and is located only one mile from the south entrance of Grand Canyon National Park.
ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The Assistant Front Office Manager controls the hotel front office operations, sets and maintains high standards for desk organization and function, resulting in quality guest service. In the absence of the Front Desk Manager, this position will serve as a principal manager on duty and will be asked to make decisions in all things concerning the welfare and safety of the hotel, its guests, and its employees.
Wage: $21.45 per hour
Position Type: Full Time, Year Round
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values and maintain and uphold all front desk operations while setting the standards of high guest service.
- Assist Front Office Manager and/or Operations Manager in daily supervision of all staff members and ensure proper guest service is provided at the hotel/lodge. Use good judgement and professionalism when managing guest complaints
- Assist Front Desk Manager and/or Operations Manager writing, posting, managing schedules and labor according to business levels.
- Assist Front Office Manager, in monitoring and consistently evaluate job performance of all Front Desk Staff (Front Desk Agents, Supervisors, Night Audit Agents, Bell Staff, Concierge and Common Area when applicable). Document thoroughly employees’ performance or attendance issues and communicate through verbal and/or email with Manager/Director.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year working as a Hotel Front Desk Agent with experience using a booking system. OPERA preferred, but other booking system knowledge accepted.
- Possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all functions of the front office acquired through at least 1-years management or lead experience preferably in guest service setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.