FREE HOUSING! Live, Work, Explore at the Grand Hotel at Grand Canyon National Park!
Located 1 mile from the Grand Canyon entrance with the scenic South Rim just a short distance away!
- $20.19 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Join our team at The Grand Hotel!
Are you enthusiastic about caring for guests' comfort while creating memories that last a lifetime? The Grand Hotel is a 3-diamond hotel with 121 standard and deluxe guest rooms, two dining facilities, and a retail shop and is located in Tusayan, Arizona - only one mile from the south entrance of Grand Canyon National Park!
Our luxurious hotel offers an indoor heated swimming pool and spa and fitness center. The hotel is open year-round with a peak season between April and October. The year-round staff consists of approximately 90 employees during peak season. Our employees make countless personal connections and create everlasting memories for themselves and our guests.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager assists in oversight of the Grand Hotel kitchen operation, which may include leadership functions, food preparation functions, sanitization, food handling, procurement, financial planning, and menu development.
- Free employee housing is available through December 21, 2022!
- Discounted employee meal plan
- Community Recreation Center for exercise, computers, free WiFi, activities, and trips
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Free Laundry Facilities and Free Uniform Cleaning
- Opportunity for transfer to other Xanterra Properties
- Holiday Party
- Free satellite TV signal in dormitories
- Deeper Restaurant/Retail discount for your birthday
- Recognition Dinner and Gift for significant service anniversaries
- Free Entrance to Grand Canyon South Rim
- Discounts at other Xanterra Adventure Companies
- Lodging discount is 50% off best available rate
- 20-60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- $350 Referral Bonus
- 20-30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- Oversees and assists with food production in the kitchen at The Grand Hotel, maximizes profitability, minimizes legal liability and conforms to the regulations of Coconino Health Department.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations concerning food safety and maintains positive working relationship with Coconino Public Health Department, acts with vigilance in any areas of concern regarding public health.
- Ensures proper food product rotation and storage and inventory of all food products, cross-utilizes food products to minimize waste, theft and minimize spoilage.
- Conducts daily service briefings and trains staff on proper evacuation procedures and how to execute plan timely, SDS location, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) procedures, etc., communicates staffing issues, special events or equipment issues.
- Supports learning and development programs, ensures self and staff are current on all required training programs.
- Assists in development of recipes, specs and training manuals, monitors food production in accordance with recipes or standards.
- Observes and evaluates work performance of assigned staff, provides coaching, assists in the necessary written documentation for corrective action.
- Prepares employee schedules as required to meet business needs; review with Director F&B to ensure schedules meet labor budget and guest demands.
- Assists in shift oversight; ensures staff side work and cleaning schedules are completed.
- One (1) year of previous supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development.
- Must have a working knowledge of a kitchen with the ability to train employees in all kitchen positions; from ala carte preparation/presentation to batch cooking to prep work of entry-level kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to ensure intelligent and professional communications with internal and external guests and all levels of staff within the organization
- Must have organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word and Excel).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills are a plus.
At The Grand Hotel, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating unforgettable experiences for our guests in some of the most beautiful places on earth.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below!