Come work and play in Aspen, Colorado - close to downtown and surrounded by nature!
Condo hotel property near the base of Aspen Mountain - views of Silver Queen Gondola!
- $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Feb 01, 2022)
Assist guests with coordinating their Aspen experience from pre-arrival to departure. This position will communicate directly with guests to book activities and make recommendations based on relationships made with the guests.
HIRING BONUS! $250 on your second paycheck and $250 after 90 days of employment!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guests and owners with courteous and efficient answers to questions, directions, and arrangements and confirmations for lodging, transportation, childcare, play/concert tickets, recreational activities, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Maintain an accurate system of processing and communicating Guest requests.
- Contacting all guests prior to arrival to inform them of guest service availability.
- Contact all guests upon arrival to inquire of comfort and offer assistance. During stay follow through with making arrangements and confirmation of requests.
- Assist guests with requests for other departments such as Maintenance and Housekeeping and is familiar with procedures in these areas.
- Maintain a current, detailed, and organized collection of information on the area activities, events and businesses.
- Keep abreast of current activities and special events and be able to locate more information as needed.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with local businesses and contacts.
- Keep the guest service area organized, neat and presentable at all times as well as their own personal appearance.
- Keep the information board current with in-house groups and other pertinent information.
- Be willing to assist in reservations and front desk and bellman as needed. Greeting buses, moving luggage, directing traffic, etc.
- Organize staff participation in promotions held by local businesses and follows up with proper appreciation. Is aware of programs for and assists with employee moral programs.
- Ability to assume responsibility for miscellaneous projects as assigned by management.
- Knowledge and understanding of all fire and emergency procedures and Gant safety standards.
- Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
- Observation of any unusual activity, and report thereon to the Maintenance Supervisor, General Manager or front desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous hospitality experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Aspen/Snowmass area, facilities, businesses, etc.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while multi-tasking; strong organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and a desire to represent LEAD Resort Management – DBA The Gant in a professional manner at all times.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written in English, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner. Being bilingual is a plus.
- Basic understanding of hotel operating systems (SMS, Alice, Microsoft Office) and their functions.
- Must be able to perform most Front Desk and Reservations functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Front lobby/office setting with extensive telephone, desk, and computer work plus considerable person-to-person contact with guests and homeowners.
- High traffic office area and rapid pace for sustained lengths of time.
- Must be organized, keep Concierge area cleaned, and lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
- Must be socially inclined and able to attend social functions as necessary.
- Follow Covid-19 precautions as updated by County, State or Federal Public Health guidance.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Telephone, computer, monitor, keyboard, printer.
- Office supplies and equipment.
- Copy and scanner machine, fax machine.
- Step stool.
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager(s)
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-time Seasonal
HIRING RANGE: $17.00 - $21.00
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Paid sick time, Commission and bonus potential, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for a full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Open until filled; the First review of applications will be 1/18/2022
*Housing may be available on a first come, first serve basis.