Work & Play in Aspen, CO!
Located in the heart of downtown Aspen, surrounded by opportunities for adventure!
- Aspen, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 19, 2018)
**Depending on applicant selected and time of Job Overview
This position is responsible for directing and over-seeing the entire food service operations, including overall leadership in the creative development and quality assurance in culinary operations. This includes directing product conceptualization, menu engineering in collaboration with the Food & Beverage Director, recipe development, item costing, concept testing, and product specification development/sourcing, implementation of new menus and on-going quality assurance processes and systems. This position is also responsible for departmental training for the staff.
- Provides visionary leadership and management of the culinary research and development process from product creation through implementation
- Devises innovative product offerings for the on-site restaurant, banquets, and themed/special events
- Formulates and implements procedural guidelines, policies and standards pertaining to the overall food and beverage operations, in collaboration with the F&B Director. Included in this are menu design, product specifications, cleanliness and sanitation, and food, labor and operating expenses’ cost controls
- Monitors industry trends and collaborates with internal and external partners in culinary research and development efforts
- Collaborates with the F&B Director on the overall creation of menus, preparation instructions, and individual dish specifications by ingredients and corresponding portion sizes
- Collaborates with F&B Director in identifying and sourcing required products
- Develops standards, processes and tools to assist in delivering consistent culinary products
- Guides and supports culinary team in the implementation and adherence of company standards, processes & systems
- Monitors guests, partners and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction
- In partnership with the Food & Beverage management; develops and administers formal quality assurance processes including audits, secret shopper programs, culinary focus groups, consumer tastings, and customer/operator surveys
- Prior experience as lead in a culinary department
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Possess strength in training and team building programs
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple events to completion
- Must have 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards
- Must have experience in the process of creating and implementing successful new concepts
- Must have the ability to collaborate with management and give ideas for future growth
How to Apply
Visit our website, www.gantaspen.com, to learn more about our property. Then, send your resumes directly to Jenny at email@example.com. Upon review and discussion with F&B Director, we will connect with candidates that meet our qualifications for further application processes.