Work in Whitefish, Montana's premiere destination town.
Mountains, Rivers, Lakes and Adventure!
- year round
- Whitefish, Montana
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Firebrand Hotel, located in downtown Whitefish, is seeking a Massage Therapist to join our Spa Team.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND POSITION PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for providing bodywork sessions for guests. Massage Practitioners apply a variety of scientifically developed massage techniques to the soft tissue of the body to improve muscle tone and circulation. Massage Practitioners work to enhance well-being, reduce the physical and mental effects of stress and tension, prevent disease, and restore health. Massage Practitioners agree to conduct their practices in an acceptable, ethical, professional behavior.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modalities may include Deep Tissue, Swedish, Shiatsu, Myofascial, Stone, Pre/Post Natal, and Body Treatments. Massage Practitioners use many different massage techniques and methods; these may include the following, among others (not all modalities are practiced by each Practitioner).
- Trigger Point
- Connective Tissue Massage
- Neuromuscular Massage
Provide all guests with at-home body care products/retail support.
- Adhere to all requirements set forth in the Averill Hospitality Employee Policies and Procedures and Non-Compete documents and the service expectations as set forth by the Management. Support company mission and policies and procedures.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with a client and respect each client’s right to privacy.
- Responsible for the comfort of all guests while performing treatments and direct all efforts toward client satisfaction.
- Follow Spa at Whitefish Lake treatment protocols.
- Constantly monitor the quality of all Spa at Whitefish Lake services and treatments.
- Communicate with the Reception Desk staff on a regular basis to ensure smooth scheduling and billing.
- Maintain awareness of daily schedule and trouble-shoot any last-minute changes or updates as well as monitor weekly and monthly schedule to assure accuracy.
- Perform all massage and body treatment modalities and participate in continued education classes/trainings to learn other treatment/modalities offered and introduced to future menus.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions and meetings.
- Greet Guests at the exact time of scheduled appointment to assure punctual start time of reserved treatments.
- Escort guests to designated treatment room, address client by name, reconfirm treatment type and explain protocol for specific treatment that will be provided.
- Conduct a complete client consultation (every appointment!) to ensure that the client’s expectations will be met
- Keep work area clean and always stocked.
- Encourage client to relax and keep conversation to a minimum during treatment.
- Always maintain proper draping before, during and after treatment.
- After the service is complete, offer the guests a glass of water/ tea and inquire if they are having another service and, if so, escort them to the appropriate area.
- Massage Practitioner’s must complete a prescription sheet after each Massage treatment and escort client to retail area and offer appropriate at home body care regimen via body care retail items. Make sure that you are taking every opportunity to put your guests on a treatment plan.
- Maintain valid Massage license and provide a copy to Spa Director for file. Stay informed of state and local regulations for massage practitioners.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Adhere to time off/shift coverage request policy.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training. Desire to provide phenomenal guest experiences, a passion for quality, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships and foster cooperation.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to develop and encourage an open, stimulating and trusting environment that reflects our Company Mission, Brand Promise and Values.
- Ability to read and interpret product and equipment manuals, and massage journals and protocols and procedures.
The Massage Therapist schedule can be flexible with part and full-time opportunities. Working evenings, weekends and holidays may be required. The Massage Therapist will typically be available during peak seasons, typically taking PTO and vacations during slower seasons. Typically, PTO will not be allowed during June 15 - September 15, and December 15 – January 5.
The Firebrand Hotel, part of Averill Hospitality, offers part and full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana's premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake.
Averill Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.