Great Cook Opportunity in a Beautiful Maine Seacoast Town
Beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean on a Historic Landmark
- Kennebunkport, Maine
- $20.00 - $22.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Striper’s Waterside Restaurant at The Breakwater Inn & Spa in Kennebunkport is actively searching for a professional, friendly, and fast-paced Line Cook to join our Kitchen team.
Expected regular shifts will include evenings with a flexible schedule and weekend/holiday availability.
Competitive rate of pay based on experience. Career advancement opportunities for candidates seeking leadership.
RELOCATIONS WELCOME! Housing is available in a shared staff house adjacent to the Inn. Must be willing to share a room with a roommate and live in a co-ed environment. $100/week all utilities included! Staff bikes are available for transportation. Complimentary meals are provided during each work shift.
The Breakwater Inn and Spa is situated on the Kennebunk River, offering 35 guest rooms with incredible views of coastal Maine. Guests are encouraged to enjoy elevated New England cuisine at Striper's Waterside Restaurant and spa services from the public Breakwater Spa. Visit thebreakwaterinn.com and stripersrestaurant.com for more information. Be sure to Follow @HayCreek Hotels on LinkedIn for future employment updates!
- Learn and remain familiar with menu items and assume responsibility for all food rotation and proper timing of foods.
- Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock for the menu.
- Coordinate with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef for food preparation, presentation and proper service procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk-in cooler/freezer.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
- Prepare food of consistent quality by following recipe and production/portion standards, per check from servers.
- Practice conscious knowledge of food allergies and all safety procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
- 18 years old +
- Kitchen/Cook experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to operate smoothly under pressure and stress.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
- Successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.'