Year round manager plus benefits in beautiful Bar Harbor - Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park & Bar Harbor, where the mountains meet the sea.
- year round
- Bar Harbor, Maine
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Nov 01, 2023)
Are you looking to continue what you know how to do in another beautiful setting, We have a year round Distribution Center Manager position available for you to continue that path. We’re looking for the right person to join our management team.
The ideal candidate has management experience in Retail and in a distribution center or warehouse. Having an interest in living in an iconic coastal town and looking forward to exploring all that this area has to offer is a plus for a fulfilling wholesome experience. You may already be in the area and know what wonders this area has and looking for a new adventure with an established retailer in Bar Harbor.
Have you wanted to visit Bar Harbor at the doorstep of Acadia National Park? The Acadia Shops has been serving visitors of Acadia NP for 90 years and consists of 7 shops plus an Ice Cream shop downtown Bar Harbor and 1 other shop in a neighboring town, Southwest Harbor. We’re looking for the right individual to join the management team to help serve our shops as they provide outstanding hospitality to visitors of this area. There is a good team in place to work beside while learning the position.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for all the day to day activity of the Distribution Center. Scheduling and working with a team toward the common goal of doing the best that we can to deliver accurate and timely merchandise to our internal shop customers. Training and working with staff to become a team with everyone finding their best fit and improving upon all the daily tasks. Organization, attention to detail and a drive to get merchandise processed, picked, and delivered are key components. This position requires working on computers, frequent lifting, use of warehouse equipment, driving a Dodge Ram 3500 and moving bins of merchandise.
The main portion of our season typically runs from May through October, but the Distribution Center is busy all year with some light duty maintenance during the chilly months. We have apartment housing available downtown Bar Harbor.
Thank you for considering this position and I hope you choose to explore this opportunity.
Distribution Center Manager
The Acadia Shops, an established Bar Harbor based retailer, is looking to fill a key management position at our distribution center in the village of Town Hill (Bar Harbor).
- Facilitate daily functions of the distribution center’s operations and perform administrative tasks.
- Managing staff.
- Managing inventory at the distribution center.
- Manage and process inbound merchandise for distribution to shops and over stock in the distribution center.
- Generating replenishment reports, picking, and delivering merchandising to shops in Bar Harbor.
- Facilitate communication between retail operations, merchandise procurement, and distribution center.
- Manage outbound inventory flow at the distribution center.
- Attend weekly meetings with management.
- Procurement and management of retail supplies.
- Outbound shipping
- Delivery of merchandise using large delivery van.
- Light maintenance duties.
Critical key competencies and qualifications:
- Decision making and multi-tasking with an ability to meet deadlines in a high demand, seasonal business
- Analytical skills including the ability to use computer software, internet, and related IT skills.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to safely move over uneven surfaces or in tight spaces.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a 52-week salaried position plus benefits,
5-6 days/week including some evenings and weekends in season.
Housing is available.