Looking for a job that will positively impact your life? Consider this opportunity in Jackson Hole!
Grand Teton And Yellowstone National Parks are in your backyard!!!
- Jackson, Wyoming
- $23.00 - $23.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 15, 2023)
Responsibilities: The Program Facilitator works as a part of a team leading experiential activities in the outdoors. Program facilitators create fun and meaningful summer activities that build leadership, self-confidence, social skills, and positive decision-making. Activities include; team building; ropes course; flatwater canoeing; day hiking and car camping.
Ideal candidates will be:
- At least 21 years of age and CPR/First-Aid certified at minimum. WFR is a plus.
- Passionate about and experienced in working with young people in the outdoors.
- Comfortable leading activities independently for groups of up to 16 children.
- Able to maintain supervision and evaluate risk in a given moment in order to ensure participants’ safety during all activities.
- Spanish language skills are a plus!
We are seeking both part- and full-time staff members, seasonal mid May - August.
Working for JHLP provides a great atmosphere, dynamic coworkers, competitive pay, and other post-summer opportunities available within the organization.
Program Information: The Jackson Hole Leadership Program (JHLP) is a summer program for 9- to 15-year-olds located in Jackson, Wyoming. Through experiential activities in the outdoors, we seek to create fun and meaningful summer opportunities that build leadership, self-confidence, social skills, and positive decision-making. The program is divided into two phases:
Phase I: 9- to 11-year-olds (5 sessions throughout the summer)
- Monday: Games, icebreakers, and team-building initiatives.
- Tuesday: Low and high challenge course.
- Wednesday: Canoeing and kayaking in Grand Teton National Park.
- Thursday: Overnight camping trip.
- Friday: Hike in Grand Teton National Park to Taggart Lake, followed by Closing Ceremony with participants and families.
- 7/3-7/7/2023 July 4th week no camp
Phase II: 12- to 15-year-olds (Four weeks of programming for girls and boys)
Five-day, four-night overnight experiences, including a three-day, two-night backpacking trip, culminating in an adventure day that may include, white water rafting, adventure ropes course or rock climbing.
- 7/31-8/4/23 GROWL 1 (girls)
- 8/7-8/10/23 BOLD 1 (boys)
- 8/14-8/18/23 GROWL 2 (girls)
- 8/21-8/25/23 BOLD 2 (boys)
How to Apply
For more information or to apply please contact:
Jeremy Silcox (email@example.com) or Chris Moll (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 307-733-6440