Explore the West's most revered setting as a Camp Counselor
Beautiful, western ranch an hour east of Grand Teton National Park
- Dubois, Wyoming
- $2,500.00 / year
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 26, 2022)
The greatest job in the world: come to Wyoming to be a cabin counselor to 10 boys. Participate in a community that values adventure, skill accrual, and identity development. Located just east of Grand Teton National Park, you'll live in a cabin for 28 days with your campers. In those four weeks, you will go on a backpacking trip, horse packing trip, and engage in all kinds of outdoor adventure. Along the way you will make connections, mentor, and support your campers through the best month of their year. Then take up a support staff role once the girl campers arrive for their session after the boys leave.
Position Qualifications (Essential)
- 19 years or older (at start)
- CPR/First Aid certification from a classroom course (online certifications are not applicable)
- Passion for working with children in an outdoor setting
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to live in a communal setting
Recommended Experience (Nonessential)
- Experience in backcountry trips, personally or professionally (experience leading groups of children professionally is preferred)
- Experience working with children (ages 11-16 preferred)
- Interest in experiential, outdoor, and/or general education
- Interest working in a residential camp setting
Cabin counselors create the camper’s experience; they are role models, keenly aware of group dynamics and continuously exemplify and teach community values. Counselors teach campers independent living skills, assist in personal growth, facilitate friendships, communicate with families, and are actively engaged in camp life. Counselors participate and assist in teaching skills involved in our camp programs, as well as backcountry skills on day trips and backcountry trips. Additionally, counselors will coordinate and participate in various camp activities and traditions, and support the experience and growth of the campers in all possible ways both on and off the ranch property. Counselors will live in a camper cabin with another counselor and 8-12 campers of an age group (11-16) for four consecutive weeks.
How to Apply
Click the link below to be taken straight to our New Staff application! You can find more info about the support staff jobs you may be offered in the application.