Educate, explore, and empower: Teton Science Schools seeks Early Childhood Instructors in Jackson
Breathtaking landscapes, vibrant community, outdoor adventures await in Jackson, Wyoming
- Jackson, Wyoming
- $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Jun 10, 2024)
Ready for a summer of pure joy and outdoor thrills? Become the magical guide for Pikas and Otters – our 3-5-year-old explorers – as an Early Childhood Program Instructor at Teton Science Schools in the enchanting Jackson, Wyoming! Picture this: 8 weeks of Reggio Emilia-inspired adventures, where every day is a canvas for creativity, curiosity, and laughter. With the Tetons as your playground, you'll craft unforgettable experiences, from dynamic lessons to epic hikes, all while fostering a love for the great outdoors. Join our spirited team, make memories, and let the summer vibes be your guide. Apply now – where learning is a journey and fun is the destination!
Summer is an exciting time to be in the Tetons and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. At Teton Science Schools, we inspire curiosity, engagement, and leadership through transformative place-based education. We are looking for passionate and dedicated instructors to do this with our youngest learners this summer. Our Early Childhood Summer Programs on the Jackson Campus include our Pikas group that is composed of children 3-4 years old and our Otters group that is composed of children 4-5 years old. Our program is Reggio Emilia-inspired, and we believe in nature-based practices. In the summer, ours 8 weeks of programs that are almost entirely based outside. Early Childhood Summer Program instructors will work to inspire curiosity, engagement, and leadership in children. Instructors will employ experiential education within place-based contexts and follow the Reggio Emilia and Nature-Based approaches to early childhood education by being responsive to children's interests and curiosities. They will do this with guidance and mentorship from the director. The Early Childhood summer team will build strong relationships with colleagues, children, and families. Within the collaborative work environment at Teton Science Schools, instructors should expect to be contributing team members while also taking the initiative to work autonomously.
- Experience working with young children, ages 3 to 6.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
- Ability to manage risk and make leadership decisions in outdoor settings with children.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
- Strong speaking and written communication skills
- Infant, Child and Adult First Aid/CPR/AED certification and will need to complete all mandatory state licensing requirements
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Able to sit on the floor, be outside in all types of weather, and pick up heavy objects
- Time spent hiking and spending most of the day outside with young children
- Able to drive minibuses and buckle children into five-point harness car seats
Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop and Implement curriculum with support from team and director
- Set up dynamic environments and provocations for children
- Create daily documentation to share with families
- Care and support children with tasks such as using the bathroom, putting on sunscreen, and seeing to their overall well-being
Early Childhood team member
- Collaborate with co-teachers
- Complete duties: Meetings, journeys, lunch, rest time, and outdoor play
- Attend all trainings prior to program start dates
- Align with team culture and goals
- Support administrative duties associated with successful implementation of the program
One TSS Responsibilities
- Be friendly and accommodating to all faculty on all campuses whenever possible. We are in this together.
- Contribute to inclusive work and learning environments through continually developing cultural competency. Cultural Competence is one’s ability to interact effectively across various dimensions of diversity. It lies at the intersection of awareness of others, self-awareness, and applying skills & knowledge to promote inclusion and equity
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.
How to Apply
Follow the link below to apply on the TSS Website.