Work and Experience the Desert, Mountains, and Parks in Big Bend Southwest Texas - Terlingua Ranch
Terlingua Ranch Lodge is located in the remote Christmas Mountains and rugged natural beauty of the Chihuahuan Desert with Big Bend National Park to the east and Big Bend Ranch State Park to the west.
- year round
- Terlingua, Texas
- $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Property Owner Association of Terlingua Ranch, Inc. (POATRI) seeks to hire a manager who will be responsible for the total operation of the follow parts of the organization:
- A Property Owner Association with approximately 5,000 property owners and 192,000 acres, known as Terlingua Ranch.
- A 32-room Lodge with 8 buildings and a total of 32 rooms, a Cafe/Restaurant, and swimming pool.
Terlingua Ranch is located in Southwest Texas, just outside the Big Bend National Park and the Big Bend Ranch State Park. Our property owners and our visitors come to the Ranch to enjoy the remote location, the mountains and desert, and activities ranging from hiking, biking, river rafting, Jeep tours, geological exploring, Dark Skies, and the McDonald Observatory.
Total revenue for both parts of the business is $1.8M with a staff that varies from 26 to 32 depending on the season.
This position will include managing all the operations functions and staff for both sides of our business, as well as working on long-term plans to ensure the future of the Ranch for our property owners and visitors.
POATRI Organization Overview
- POATRI is a Texas non-profit organization, but a taxable organization by the IRS because we operate a Lodge business.
- POATRI is governed by a Board of Directors with 9 volunteer members. The Board is a Policy Board, but with active participation by Board members and property owners on committees, task forces, and strategic projects.
- Operations are run by the Ranch Manager, who reports directly to the President of the Board.
- The organizational functions include administration, bookkeeping, road crew maintenance, Lodge and Café operations, and facility and land maintenance crew.
- Terlingua Ranch Headquarters is located some 75 miles south of the town of Alpine, and 30 miles north of the settlements of Study Butte and Terlingua.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience managing business operations. It is desirable if this experience includes complex service-oriented operations. Experience in Hospitality, City or Town Management, or other Service fields would be applicable.
- Management skills, to include recruiting, hiring, developing, training, and managing personnel.
- Experience working directly for a Board of Directors.
- Experience with managing or being responsible for budgeting and financial processes as part of the operation.
- Familiarity with general office management including QuickBooks, computer systems, and network operations.
- Familiarity with Project Management, operations planning, and strategic planning.
How to Apply
As stated in the Job Description, please email your resume to Brad Anthenat, Board President, email: email@example.com