Work on conservation projects in the mountains of Colorado this summer!
Our Supervisors will be based in the Front Range of Colorado
- Nederland, Conifer, Idaho Springs, or Denver, Colorado
- $17.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 29, 2018)
TEENS, Inc. seeks Summer Youth Corps Crew Supervisors based in Conifer, Nederland, Idaho Springs, and Denver, Colorado to be part of our TeamWorks program:
TEENS, Inc. is a Nederland based non-profit organization with the mission to support, educate and empower youth and their families to make healthy choices and thrive. TeamWorks is a youth educational-based employment program which aims to connect young people with nature and community. TeamWorks combines youth from rural and urban areas to carry out conservation-based projects alongside both public land managers and non-profits.
"As I look back over the past summer, I can gladly say that my life was enriched from my experience with TeamWorks and Teens Inc." -Cole (supervisor 2016)
"I have worked for my share of different organizations, and this is by far one of the best….and one that I am genuinely proud to work for!" -Melissa (supervisor 2017)
- May 29th- August 5th, Mon-Thurs, 40 hrs/week.
- Pay: $16-$18/hr depending on experience.
- Housing not provided
- Work alongside youth employees (crew members) with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Duties vary. Examples include pulling noxious weeds, flood relief projects, trail building, restoration work, and light construction.
- Responsible for site maintenance, and overall safety of the group.
- Facilitate an inquiry-based work experience for youth participants.
- Provide timely feedback and guidance to encourage healthy work habits through both formal and informal reviews.
- Ensure educational objectives are being met on the program.
- Keep up-to-date, accurate, detailed paperwork of incidents, activities, challenges and successes. Communicate this with admin.
- Create a positive working relationship with our partners, and ensure projects are being completed to meet their expectations.
- Know and uphold TEENS, Inc. policies in the field.
- Crew Supervisors must be able to work collaboratively as a team of 2 supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree and/ or previous experience working with teens and young adults.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Enjoy working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a 15-passenger van each day
- Participate in a 3 night overnight trip during the summer
Desired Skills (applicants do not have to possess all skills to be a good fit):
- Practical knowledge of trail/conservation work and tool use.
- Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Experiential education background
- Experience and excitement for working with culturally diverse groups
- Comfortable and experienced in the backcountry
- Risk management and decision making proficiency
- Effective and inclusive leadership skills
- High capacity for communication and feedback
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter, or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include contact information for 2 references)