Four Star Hotel & Spa seeks Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Soulful tapestry that is uniquely Northern New Mexican Mountains
- New Mexico
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
As the Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you support the Housekeeping Manager in leading the staff and operations of the housekeeping department and help seek solutions and results that create a high-performing, safety-conscious work environment. You supervise a team that’s passionate about delivering a unique and unpretentious experience to guests of The Blake. You contribute to the team’s professionalism and performance and consciously engage with your staff members, who efficiently accomplish a combination of cleaning duties to maintain a safe, clean, and orderly property for guests and employees. As the Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Housekeeping Manager as well as the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, payroll duties, overseeing lodge keeping team, and scheduling. Assisting Housekeeping Manager in the development, implementation, and review of operating procedures for both The Blake and Blake Residences, as well as various other Taos Ski Valley, Inc. properties.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts oneself with safety in mind and undertakes all job requirements in a manner that will guarantee a safe environment for oneself, guests, and fellow team members. Participates on the safety committee or ensures that the department is adequately represented on the safety committee.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills while resolving guest concerns
- Acts as host or hostess to in-house guests by encouraging comments, fulfilling guest needs, and answering guest questions.
- Supervises The Blake housekeeping department, including scheduling, hiring, training, coaching, and payroll.
- Drives and maintains a friendly, sincere, and safety-focused service culture through consistent performance coaching and team development.
- Maintains adequate levels of product including linens, cleaning supplies, in-room products, etc. Maintains operating equipment in good order and provides for sufficient replacements.
- Conducts room inspections on a daily basis.
- Works closely with engineering staff to ensure the highest level of EIWO (Everything in Working Order) in all guest room and public spaces.
- Conducts pre-shift staff meetings, communicating pertinent information including Company initiatives
- Conducts oneself with integrity, respect and compassion, recognizing that each individual’s unique attributes contribute to the overall success of Taos Ski Valley, Inc.
- Strives for open, honest, and effective communication in order to build trust in our relationships with our guests and fellow employees.
- Supports all other outlets and departments when needed.
- Acts as liaison between Housekeeping and Front of House teams to ensure open and positive communication.
- Ensures daily housekeeping boards and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of all front and back of house areas overseen by Housekeeping.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled workdays
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, and challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Must take constructive criticism and frequent coaching well
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Must be able to adapt to change in policy and/or procedures as directed and offer suggestions to improve operations.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, strong typing skills and computer knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Prior hospitality experience required, industry-specific experience preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, proficiency in verbal and written Spanish is preferred.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass a MVR check.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during Holiday and Peak days. Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close quarters and with other staff.
Physical Demands of Position Include:
80-90% of time spent standing, walking & sitting. 10-20% of time spent climbing, reaching, bending. 5-10% of time spent in the outdoors, exposed to high-alpine, winter conditions. Position will require frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. and occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: Yes
- Is an MVR required for this position: Yes