Come work at 192 Restaurant a European alpine architecture folded into colorful New Mexican design.
Before and after an outdoor adventure, this is your space to connect while savoring shareable dishes
- New Mexico
- $17.00 - $21.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Front of House Supervisor is responsible for working with servers, bartenders, hosts, and server assistants to create a dining experience that will ensure guest satisfaction. You will assist with the scheduling and supervision of support team members as well as the day-to-day flow of business and ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members at all times.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Completion of daily opening and closing duties according to checklists and Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality control and assurance of prepared food and packaged product
- Resolve escalations with a positive outcome when the need to do so arises
- Supervise staff and coordinate day-to-day operation of each assigned shift
- Delegate duties to staff and send associates on break at appropriate times
- Assist Manager in properly training staff to execute service standards
- Maintain strong knowledge of all aspects of each position and be able to provide support as needed
- Order daily supplies and communicate other inventory needs to appropriate management
- Communicate with guests and solicit their feedback; address issues as needed
- Observe staff interactions with guests; coach, train and correct staff as needed
- Assist Manager with creation, implementation, and upkeep of weekly schedule
- Identify areas of opportunity within the operation to enhance speed of delivery, quality of food and beverage, and consistency and quality of the delivery experience
- Review and understand financial information, as well as perform basic arithmetic
- Assist Manager in conducting performance reviews of each employee
- Complete daily financial reports
- Assist with special events as needed (i.e. set-up, tear-down, and room reset)
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the resort
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills
- Capable of training others in a positive and constructive manner
- Demonstrate decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, and challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment
- Must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Food Handler Certification upon hire
- Must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Alcohol Server Certification upon hire
- Minimum of 6+ months of restaurant experience and 6+ months of team leadership experience.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner while completing duties
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during Holiday and Peak days. TSVI is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close quarters and with other staff.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: Yes