Love planning events? Taos Ski Valley, Inc. has the ultimate job for you!
Majestic Mountain Views!
- New Mexico
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 17, 2022)
Your role, as the Mountain Events Manager, is to oversee the planning, creation, execution, and follow-up of public events for Taos Ski Valley, Inc. As the Mountain Events Manager, you will be asked to bring fresh ideas and organizational skills to not leave anything about an event to chance. You will be in close contact with guests and are expected to demonstrate excellence in guest service consistently displaying respect for coworkers and guests alike. You will be responsible for developing events that align with Taos Ski Valley’s vision and mission.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining an enthusiastic and professional work environment consistent with the policies of Taos Ski Valley, Inc. resulting in high employee morale, motivation, and guest satisfaction in an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Oversee Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s special events including both on-hill and off-hill events.
- Responsible for creation, organization, execution, and wrap-up of all TSVI public events according to target audience and objectives.
- Oversee the events department with a creative outlook, organized planning, and financial responsibility.
- Verifies that every detail of the event from inception to completion, encompassing cleanup and follow-up is completed.
- Manage the events team.
- Oversee, train, and communicate with volunteers brought in for specific events.
- Ensure events are completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Manage, hit targets, and stay in the approved events department yearly budget.
- Assures that events are completed within budget and properly allocates all associated revenue and expenses for each event.
- Complete post-event recap and P&L for each event to analyze the event’s success
- Managing the public events calendar by creating seasonal special events calendars in advance.
- Responsible for creating, sourcing, and negotiating with vendors and suppliers for rentals, event swag, and more.
- Work closely with the marketing team to communicate details for advertising purposes to the public on the TSVI website, TSVI app, other NM websites, display screens, radio, newspaper, and any other media outlets.
- Work closely with the marketing department on creative for events (posters, logos, programs, banners, etc.).
- Responsible for internal communication of events.
- Organize transportation, set-up, and tear-down of event venues and equipment.
- Manage TSVI guest activations. Including, but not limited to, summer activation series (free yoga and free movie series).
- Work closely with TSVI operations departments in communicating, executing, and wrapping up all events.
- Work closely with the TSVI Sales and Catering teams to ensure public and private events do not overlap.
- Work closely with F&B and Catering teams in the execution of events with F&B components.
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillments.
- Event emcee as required.
- Responsible for onboarding staff according to HR policies.
- Ensures that all HR procedures and policies are followed within the events department.
- Responsible for event employee reviews, rewards, and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving event staff time cards. Is available on payday to approve time and for any questions.
- Come in early and/or stay late as needed.
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled workdays
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing and friendly personality with a commitment to exceeding guest expectations at all times.
- Enjoys working with people.
- Hard-working team player.
- Capable of physical work in all weather conditions.
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work under tight deadlines.
- Work well under pressure with tact and good judgment.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Be on time, reliable, and responsible.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to converse freely with our guests.
- Establishes and maintains productive work relationships with co-workers, other TSV staff, supervisors, and management.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations. Willing to educate and guide guests on what to do and where to go in Taos Ski Valley.
- Enthusiastically approaches all aspects of the job outlined in this job description and other tasks asked to endeavor.
- Proven experience as events manager.
- Mountain events experience is a plus.
- Skilled in project management.
- Skiing or snowboarding at an intermediate level or higher.
- Supervisory experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Professionalism and strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate clearly in English.
- Computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams).
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Knowledge of Taos and Taos Ski Valley.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Taos Ski Valley sits at over 9,000ft and you must be able to work at that elevation. Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during holidays and peak days. TSVI is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close quarters and with other staff.
Physical Demands of Position Include:
Approximately 50% of this position’s time is spent inside, 50% outside on both level/uneven terrain. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain. The position will be required to spend long days outside in cold and snow. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. The position requires at least an intermediate level of skiing/riding ability.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: yes
- Is an MVR required for this position: yes