Working at Tamarack is an incredible experience.
Mountains, meadows and lakes are for everyone, and our resort community is no different.
- year round
- Tamarack, Idaho
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Bartenders, or Mixologists, mix and serve alcoholic beverages based on customer requests. Their duties include verifying the identification and age of customers, preparing and serving alcoholic beverages, accepting payment from customers, cleaning glasses and bar utensils and balancing cash receipts to record sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned, including weekend work.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- Proper trash and recycling practices.
- Welcome / greet guests and know regular guests by name, preference and needs.
- Know ingredients for the most common cocktails (garnishes, proper glassware and prices).
- Inform guests about specialty drinks, as well as answer questions about food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Clearly understand the needs of your guests and be able to provide service at a high level.
- Able to take orders in a timely manner and account for all orders properly and accurately.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Assure your guests have the proper utensils and plates as needed throughout the meal.
- Able to use POS systems accordingly, and accurately be able to complete cash transactions.
- Full knowledge of all menu items, wines by the glass, beers, and signature drinks.
- Help the clear between every course.
- Maintain knowledge of all coming courses and communications between your team members.
- Guest maintenance, and attention to detail throughout the guest’s experience.
- Finish all opening and closing duties on a deadline basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Must enjoy working and interacting with the public.
- Must be highly organized, energetic, positive attitude, and the ability to get the job done.
- Capable of maintaining a positive & professional attitude among your team.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must have valid Food Handler's card
- Ability/flexibility to work 45-55+ hours per week including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires knowledge of computer hardware, word-processing, spreadsheet and data base software, prefer experience with Microsoft Office. Requires knowledge of business letter writing and business forms; office procedures, business English, including vocabulary, correct grammatical usage and punctuation, filing systems; and common office machines and their operation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience in bartending in full-service restaurants.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to do basic arithmetic
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent bending, climbing, kneeling squatting, twisting/turning from waist and pushing/pulling objects.
- Will be working with hands and fingers, lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds horizontally and vertically on a regular basis.
- Near and far vision as well as good depth perception and color vision are important. Frequent use of senses.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Weekend and holiday work will be required