Lead our guests on a six-mile mountain trail using Kawasaki Mules
Takshanuk Mountain Trail above Chilkoot Inlet in Southeast Alaska
- Haines, Alaska
- $17.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2019)
To lead our guests on a six-mile mountain trail using ATVs. This role will specifically provide the bus transportation to and from the trailhead.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stage ATVs before tour with the backup guide.
- Complete a bus inspection report before driving on tour.
- Dock rep tours for guests in Haines, or collect Skagway guests from the fast ferry
- Drive the bus to and from the dock.
- Provide a driver safety talk before beginning the trail.
- Lead the group on the trail, remaining in radio contact with the backup guide, monitoring speed and driving of guests to ensure they remain safe at all times.
- Help as needed at lodge during meal times.
- Maintain tour timing to ensure the group is at the proper stops at the scheduled times.
- Check in guests with the fast ferry or shorex staff at the end of each tour.
- Fuel and clean bus after the tour.
Key Working Relationships:
This position will work in collaboration with a backup guide on almost all tours. They will also work with lodge cooks, lodge assistants and the general manager.
Must hold a valid class B CDL with airbrakes and passenger endorsements. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass random drug tests should you be drawn throughout the season.
Must be comfortable speaking to large groups and have general knowledge of Southeast Alaska and its flora and fauna. Must be familiar with the town of Haines to provide narration on the trail.
Lead guides must maintain a presentable appearance as they will be in front of guests at all times. Must be capable of driving ATVs and walking up and down the trail as needed in case guests become stuck and need assistance. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Hours of Work:
Hours will be between 30-40 per week. Schedule will be based upon tour schedule. A tour is approximately 6-7 hours of work.
Duration of Employment:
The cruise ship season runs from May through the end of September.
How to Apply
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-766-3179