Join Our Outstanding Guide Crew - Snowmobiling in the Aspen Rockies!
Spend the Winter in Aspen's Majestic High Country!
- Aspen, Colorado
- $11.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (Dec 01, 2019)
T-Lazy-7 Ranch is family-owned and operated for 80 years, and our snowmobile tours are in high-demand, attracting Aspen’s elite clientele. Nestled in Aspen’s Maroon Creek Valley, under the watchful gaze of the 14,000 ft. Pyramid Peak, T-Lazy-7 Ranch is just minutes by car from town and minutes by snowmobile to the Maroon Bells, one of North America’s most photographed mountain peaks.
T-Lazy-7 Snowmobiles seeks energetic and enthusiastic people for its Snowmobile Tour Guide crew. Do you love knowing that you are creating lasting memories for guests? Do you find it exciting to meet new people every day from all over the world? Do you thrive in a natural environment? Do you pride yourself on your impeccable presentation, hard work ethic, and ability to connect with people in a fun and memorable way?
In the Snowmobile Tour Guide position, you are part of a continuing tradition of providing first-rate snowmobile adventures, classing T-Lazy-7 Snowmobiles as the premier snowmobile tour company in Aspen.
In this role, you will be…
- maintaining guest safety while providing a fun snowmobiling adventure, complete with history, lunch or cocoa, and once-in-a-lifetime views
- ensuring smooth and exceptional tour experiences for guests through daily tour preparation
- part of a crew that has a long-standing reputation for being the elite in guides
- remembered for providing the snowmobile experience guests will recall for a lifetime
Snowmobile Guide Duties Include:
- Guiding scenic snowmobile tours
- Prepping snowmobiles for tours
- Fitting guests with boots, snow suits and helmets
- Providing instruction to guests on snowmobile operation and safety
- Relaying history and information about the area (information provided)
- Moving/lifting snowmobiles
- Performing basic maintenance of snowmobiles (changing belts and spark plugs, refilling gas, etc.)
- Snow removal from snowmobiles, snow cats and vehicles
- Snow shoveling from stairs, paths, and buildings
- Snow shoveling onto trails for trail maintenance
- Seeing that guests maintain safety and comfort
- Assisting with any work required to get snowmobile operations up-and-running prior to the Season open of business (if employee is available prior to season start date)
- Shuttling guests in company vehicles
- Performing first aid and responding to and assisting with emergencies (per company protocol)
- Grilling hamburgers and preparing food for lunch tours, stocking supplies, setting up and breaking down refreshment stations, cleaning up after lunch
- Cleaning/maintaining snowmobile restrooms and employee lounge
- Collecting and disposing of trash from Klondike cabin, warming huts, shops, and offices
- Making every effort to see that guests are enjoying themselves and that any guest issues are resolved with respect and kindness
Additional Duties May Include:
- Hauling supplies to the Klondike and Independence cabins and warming huts via snowmobile and trailer
- Answering phones, booking reservations and signing-in guests for tours
- Feeding the goats, llamas and other ranch animals
- Previous guide experience
- Previous snowmobile, ATV and/or motorcycle experience
- Previous experience speaking in front of crowds
- Advanced medical training
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license, with no restrictions
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Able to move/lift up to 100 lbs without injury to self
- Able to withstand cold weather for extended periods of time
- Able to withstand vibration, as well as hand and upper body tension of operating snowmobile for extended periods of time
- Able to shovel snow for extended periods of time
- Impeccable personal presentation (e.g., grooming, cleanliness, neatness)
- Exceptional spoken English-language skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Communication on a two-way radio
- Work well in team environment
- Available to work a 5-day work week and more during holidays
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Live on premises (full-time only)
- Successful completion of a background check
Seasonal Employment & Availability Requirement:
- The Snowmobile Tour Guide position is a contracted seasonal, full-time position starting December 1, 2019, and going through April 10, 2020.
- Seasonal employees must be available to work all days tours are offered during the contracted time. Tours are offered Tuesday through Saturday and every day during the holidays.
- Job candidates with planned vacations or special events during the contracted period may wish to reconsider applying.
Pay & Perks:
- Pays $11.00 per hour, plus tips
- Free shared housing with private bedroom (*utilities included, couples share a bedroom)
- Free seasonal ski pass to Aspen Highlands
- End-of-season completion bonus
- Opportunity for performance bonus
*Please note that we do not have an H2B Job Sponsorship program.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org