Looking for the best summer job? It's right here on Lake Superior! Housing included!
Outdoor adventures abound on Lake Superior! Time to Explore!
- Bayfield, Wisconsin
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Ever heard of Superior Charters? Sounds like we could use some help with our marketing, that's where you come in!
Don't know anything about sailing or boats? Good thing we teach people just like you to be comfortable on all different kinds of boats!
Ever worked on a Great Lake? Well, that's essentially our backyard! And it is everything you've heard about it!
We're looking for some great workers for the best summer job of your life! I know, pretty high expectations now, but really, it is amazing here. We are looking for the final members of our summer staff to joins us at Superior Charters. Yes, we need crew to do the everyday jobs of cleaning, maintaining and making everything run smoothly. But, we also have projects that use your particular skills.
- Love marketing? Head up our Social Media Feed!
- Love crunching numbers? Work with us on our accounting!
- Love managing people? Work with us on further developing our training program!
Whatever it is that you love to do for school and a future job, you can find it within our small, family-run company. Plus, the added benefit of living in our beautiful area, cannot be undersold! We've got hiking, biking, kayaking, sailing, and so many more fun ways to spend your time off!
So reach out and find out more about the greatest summer job you could ever have! Plus, I forgot the most important part....WE PROVIDE HOUSING!
Bayfield is a major tourist destination for all types of travelers and Superior Charters is the launching point for sailing trips in the area. During the season, we send our guests on hundreds of trips into the islands on our fleet of 30 sailboats. We are extremely busy in the summer, and this schedule means we need motivated and energized staff to keep everything going smoothly. Our employees work hard, but they also play hard too! We race sailboats, we take sunset cruises and even speedy boat rides to lunch on Madeline Island. Outside of work, the area boasts over 300 miles of biking trails, nearly 40 hiking trails and all kinds of adventure outfitters to help you get out into nature and enjoy every bit of what the area has to offer.
Summer is a busy time, so we need a crew that can keep up with this fast pace. This job is filled with a lot of hard work and responsibility, but it can also be fun, exciting and provide some new experiences. Bring your adaptability, enthusiasm, adaptability and initiative, we’ll provide the FUN! Superior Charters employees are expected to learn all aspects of the chartering business, from interior detailing to dinghy wrangling and reservations. There’s a lot to do! Each employee will be trained with primary job responsibilities and then be expected to fill in where needed with other positions through the business. The work can be customer-focused and spent in the charter office or outside providing attention to each of the boats in the fleet.
Our season extends from May 1 – October 15, priority is given to those candidates that can commit to working the entire season. This position is a full-time, seasonal position of 30-40 hours per week. Most employees work between 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, with some work required on weekends. Competitive wages start at $15.00 per hour and opportunities for advancement are available upon demonstrated performance. Work hard and get rewarded! Superior Charters provides housing as part its compensation package that is valued at $800/month.
- Provide excellent verbal and written communication in response to customer inquiries via telephone, email and in-person
- Develop marketing skills by working as company’s social media lead – Instagram & Facebook
- Prepare and organize paperwork for charter guests
- Assist with retail sales and provide accurate cash handling skills
- Assist Interior Detailing Crew to clean and detail boat interiors
- Re-supply complimentary items prior to each charter
- Change and wash linens (sheets, towels, blankets, etc.) as necessary
- Assist Deck Cleaners by cleaning and detailing boat decks and exterior hulls as requested
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of supply room
- Get familiar with each vessel in the fleet – become adept at recognizing any new bumps, bangs, scratches or missing items that may appear after a charter
- Clearly communicate need for maintenance or repairs, using digital app and with mandatory maintenance forms
- Accurately and neatly prepare forms – Repairs reporting, billing for boat owners, time off requests
- Assist charter guests with docking and launching as needed
- Cross-train in all Yacht Service Staff positions
- Must be able to lift 30#
- Must maintain a clean, professional appearance and project a friendly, helpful and positive attitude to each individual in the marina
How to Apply
Click on the link below that will lead you to our website. Please complete our Application via the link below. Feel free to call the number listed below with any questions or to let us know that you submitted an application.