Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is seeking Cooks!
The summers in Steamboat are just as spectacular as the winters!
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 17, 2017)
Applicants will be considered for all Food and Beverage locations based on need, skills, experience and ability as necessary. Employment location will be established during the interview process.
- Must be a minimum 16 years of age
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Must lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must communicate clearly in English
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- Can develop basic culinary skills
- Work at a high pace and with a variety of kitchen equipment
- Must adhere to Steamboat Culinary Guidelines
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Prepares various foods under supervision for restaurants
- Maintain high pace while prepping for a high volume restaurant and other functions
- Prep foods for all menus for outlets and all specialty menus
- Complete daily prep lists
- Organize work area to create efficiency and keep work area and kitchen organized and clean
- Rotate product and keep a clean station.
- Properly store food in correct and allotted areas
- Assist in the cleaning and organizing of all storage areas
- Clean and/or organize walk in refrigerators and freezers, as assigned
- Ensure compliance with established health and safety procedures
- Report all observations of damaged/ dangerous equipment
- Will attend food safety/sanitation training and practice those techniques
- Takes direction from: Chefs, Sous Chefs, and outlet managers
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation with service staff
- Complete all job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
- This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
- Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. We post our available employment positions on our website at www.steamboat.com/jobs. Please check there and apply to any positions that interest you. In order to be considered for employment you will need to fill out an online application for a position that is currently available.