Come experience the Steamboat Dream this winter as a Rental/Retail tech!
Mountain town vibes with world class skiing!!
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- $18.50 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 15, 2022)
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A.® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing an outstanding experience for our staff and guests alike. Working at Steamboat Resort can be the most rewarding seasonal experience or become a lifelong career. You will also be a part of Steamboat’s future as we move full steam ahead with the resort’s largest transformation and redevelopment in history. Find out more about this exciting project at www.steamboat.com/fullsteamahead. Fair warning: Starting a job at Steamboat will lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Alterra Mountain Company ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Multi-talented persons needed! Rental/retail hybrids will be asked to perform two or more main duties within their assigned shop including cashiering, ski and binding fitting and/or retail sales. Applicants may be considered for any Rental/Retail shop location based on need, skill experience and skiing as necessary. A resume is required.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Responsible for covering at least two of the four job classifications for the rental and retail department including cashiering, rental ski and binding fitting, demo ski and binding fitting and sales, and/or retail soft goods sales
- Binding adjustments are performed using standard hand tools and binding testing machine
- The shops can be fast-paced; candidate must have ability to switch roles often within a single shift
- Specific product training will be provided, candidate will be required to consistently retain and relay product information to customer, including safety information pertaining to rental equipment
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Guest service experience required
- Previous computer experience required (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- May be required to pass ski binding certification program
- Must maintain neatly groomed appearance
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Knowledge of ski industry preferred
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp Service Excellence standards
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Lift skis approximately 20-30 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Communicate clearly in English
- Work in restricted work spaces
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bending or kneeling fitting multiple pairs of boots and skis
- This is an hourly paid position subject to overtime pay
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- This is full-time winter seasonal position. Only applicants available through mid-April will be considered
- A resume is required for this position.
All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $18.50 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer