Come experience the Steamboat Dream this winter as a SnowSports Instructor!!
Mountain town vibes with world class skiing!!
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- $18.50 - $46.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (Nov 28, 2022)
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A.® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing an outstanding experience for our staff and guests alike. Working at Steamboat Resort can be the most rewarding seasonal experience or become a lifelong career. You will also be a part of Steamboat’s future as we move full steam ahead with the resort’s largest transformation and redevelopment in history. Find out more about this exciting project at www.steamboat.com/fullsteamahead. Fair warning: Starting a job at Steamboat will lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Alterra Mountain Company ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Steamboat is looking for both certified and non-certified SnowSports instructors for the 2022-23 winter season. If you have a passion for teaching others and want to be a part of our world-class guest service team, please apply. Come enjoy our Champagne Powder® snow while truly making a difference in every guest you encounter. A resume is required with your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Be able to share your passion of sliding on snow with Steamboat guests in a safe, inclusive and effective manner.
- Work with kids and build a strong relationship with both parents and children in lessons, becoming their SnowSports Pro Concierge!
- Teach skiing or snowboarding with the safety and welfare of the students being of primary importance
- Demonstrate an appetite for learning by attending our world class training and developing skills
- Live the Steamboat culture of being welcoming and friendly while abiding by our policies
- Demonstrate a healthy respect and balance for the mountain while teaching and having fun
- Work with the SnowSports team in teaching and non-teaching duties
- Complete incident reports in accordance with departmental and company manuals
- Must be able to access daily schedules and other department and company notices electronically
- Wear your custom made top of the line uniform with pride and respect according to department policy
- Performance of various activities as required by SnowSports School and/or SSRC management
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- A passion for learning
- Genuine appreciation for the outdoors
- You must like people and kids
- You must have empathy and understanding
- Ability to ski and ride well…but looking more for the desire and ability to learn to ski and ride with accuracy and inspiring dynamics
- Physical appearance must be tidy, organized and approachable
- Must be able to speak clearly using proper industry terminology
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC Service Excellence standards
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods in all weather conditions while wearing ski and snowboard gear, including, boots, helmet, goggles, ski/snowboards, etc
- Ability to regularly lift or move up to 50lbs may include wiggly or squirmy students in motion
- Clearly communicate verbally in the English language
- Position requires working weekends, holidays, and required days as needed and scheduled
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and reference checks
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines
- Resume Required
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate is starting $18.50