Winter Seasonal - Full Time Snowmakers Needed!! Great Perks!
Join us in Steamboat Springs and experience our Champagne Powder!
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- $12.50 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 19, 2020)
Do you enjoy working outside in a fun, fast-paced, challenging, and exciting atmosphere? Are you interested in riding snowmobiles and skiing/snowboarding while on the clock? If so, you will want to consider making snow for the 2020/2021 ski season. Snowmaking is the perfect combination of fun, hard work, and friendly people.
One of the greatest perks of being a snowmaker is the season-long benefits despite being a temporary employee! All snowmakers receive season passes and employee housing eligibility even after the snowmaking season ends! Below are some additional benefits our employees receive.
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit-sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Responsible for positioning equipment and monitoring machine-made snow
• Job requires working outdoors in extreme cold, wind, snow, wet, night time and uneven terrain
• Lifting, dragging heavy hoses and snow guns, snowmobiles, and snow shoveling
• Use of snowmobiles as transportation in adverse weather and terrain
• Hearing test required to post job offer
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Operate a snowmobile under adverse weather and terrain conditions
• Handle high-pressure snowmaking guns and hoses
• One-year snowmaking experience preferred
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers, and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age
• Frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Walk, bend over and move equipment on steep and uneven terrain
• Withstand extreme cold and wet weather conditions
• Employee must ski or snowboard at a minimum intermediate level
• Must have a valid driver's license and meet insurability standards
• Days worked are: 4 days on and 3 days off alternating with 3 days on and 4 days off the next week
• Each shift is 12-hour shifts
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment may be contingent on passing an on-snow assessment
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer