Now hiring for Winter and Summer seasons! Free on-site housing!
Come experience mountain living at it best!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $17.00 - $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the mountains of Colorado 25 miles north of the town of Steamboat Springs. We are a unique business that provides lodging, a restaurant, a general store, the only gas pump for miles, and guided outdoor adventures, including including sleigh rides, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling in the winter months, and horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing, and UTVs in the summer months. Every day, we get to rub shoulders with our fantastic community of locals, as well as the myriad of outdoor enthusiasts who adventure in this area.
Our restaurant currently offers elevated bar food and a variety of cocktails, wines, and local craft beers. We also host many community events, live music, and fundraisers. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of the community as a whole and has a passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment while delivering the highest level of service to our guests. We are committed to building staff members who embody our mission and values and encourage others in that direction as well.
Staff member benefits include free on-site housing, an hourly wage and equitable share of the tip pool paid out bi-weekly, free shift meal, and free and discounted activities. Seasonal and year-round opportunities are available.
Who is the ideal candidate?
- Possesses a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a professional kitchen
- Proficient in working grill and sauté stations
- Proficient in knowledge of basic kitchen skills, standards, and etiquette.
- Eager to learn new cooking skills and has a passion for cooking
- Committed to excellence and pays attention to detail
- Exhibits a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Driven toward personal and professional growth
- Demonstrates a high level of self-awareness
- Passionate about connecting with people
- Is a leader and torchbearer for community culture and values. Sets a good example by honoring community standards, both on and off the clock.
- Understands and is willing to undertake the challenges of living and working in communal housing in a remote location.
What does this job entail?
- Training on and working all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, sauté, and expo to prepare a la carte orders while in a fast-paced, sometimes high-volume environment.
- Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Maintain sanitation, cleanliness, and safety of assigned workstation
- Assist with any general cleaning or other duties as assigned
- Stamina to stand during an 8-hour shift
- Assist other team members as needed with special projects, requests, events or to support other departments if needed.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a professional kitchen
- Servsafe Food Handlers Certification
- High School Graduate/GED equivalency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a standing position for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 60lbs (50lbs overhead)
- 3+ years experience working in a professional kitchen
- Proficiency working grill and sauté stations
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Click the link below to apply!