Come experience mountain living at its best! Year-round position with free on-site housing!
Rugged, rural mountain living!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $25.00 - $27.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the rural mountain community of Clark, Colorado, 25 miles north of the town of Steamboat Springs. We are a unique business that offers lodging, a restaurant/bar, a general store, the only gas pump for miles, and various guided outdoor adventures, including sleigh rides, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling in the winter months, and horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing, and UTVs in the summer months. Every day, we get to rub shoulders with our fantastic community of locals, as well as the myriad of outdoor enthusiasts who come to adventure in this area.
Our mission as a business is to be the gathering place of North Routt County, creating a space where locals and visitors alike can build authentic relationships in a life-giving environment defined by high-level service and genuine hospitality and care for our guests.
Our restaurant currently offers elevated bar food and a variety of cocktails, wines, and a variety of local craft beers. We also host many community events, live music, and fundraisers. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of the community as a whole and has a passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment while delivering the highest level of service.
The ideal candidate will model servant leadership, a passion to coach and train staff, professional presentation, and have a strong background in hospitality and kitchen management. This individual will report to the General Manager and Food & Beverage Director and will be responsible to assist with the training, support, and evaluation of all BOH staff. This person must have an affinity for people and thrive in a team environment with an eye for the details and a drive to do all things with excellence.
Staff member benefits include free on-site communal housing, an hourly wage and equitable share of the tip pool paid out bi-weekly, a free shift meal, and free and discounted activities. Benefits may include paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance and a 401K (after 1 year and 1000 hours with the company matching up to 4%).
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- A willingness to jump in wherever needed, working alongside the team and modelling servant leadership
- A strong work ethic
- A high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset
- An authentic presence of hospitality and a desire to build genuine relationships with guests and staff
- A commitment to a healthy, professional lifestyle, embodying the cultural and community values of the Outpost
- Report to F&B Director for direction and strategies at the Steamboat Lake Outpost
- Oversee menu planning, specials, ordering, inventory, prepping, and execution of all meals
- Participate in prep and cooking alongside staff
- Train, schedule, evaluate, and approve timecards for BOH staff
- Ensure staff are maintaining all health and safety standards
- Support F&B Director in all kitchen operations, including, but not limited to, staff discipline issues, system development and implementation, menu and recipe development, training, educating, purchasing, maintaining food costs, maintaining labor costs, observing health codes, and carefully maintaining a very clean and orderly kitchen.
- Provide cohesive leadership in the BOH to allow for equitable days off for both Kitchen Manager and F&B Director, ensuring all kitchen operations are maintained and executed at a consistent standard
- Collaborate with other SLO staff members/departments in day-to-day operations
- Exhibit clear and effective communication with GM, F&B Director, and BOH and FOH staff, working to build a cohesive team and improve the SLO experience
- Be committed to excellence, remarkable service, hospitality, and sincere interactions with our guests and holding BOH accountable to that standard.
- Be committed to the SLO Community and work to improve and uphold the culture, both on and off the clock.
- Minimum 6+ years cooking experience in a commercial kitchen
- Minimum 3+ years in kitchen management experience
- Servsafe Manager certified (will need to complete this if not already certified)
- High School Graduate/GED equivalency
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years or older
- Ability to work in a standing position for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 60lbs (50 lbs overhead)
- 5+ years kitchen management experience
- Highly proficient in all kitchen systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Click the link below to apply!