Now hiring for Winter and Summer/Fall 2024 seasons!
Come experience mountain living at its best!
- Clark, Colorado
- $11.50 - $12.50 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the mountains of Colorado about 40 minutes north of the town of Steamboat Springs. We are a unique business that provides lodging, a restaurant, a general store, the only gas pump for miles, and guided outdoor adventures, including including sleigh rides, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling in the winter months, and horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing, and UTVs in the summer months. Every day, we get to rub shoulders with our fantastic community of locals, as well as the myriad of outdoor enthusiasts who come to adventure in this area.
Our restaurant currently offers elevated bar food and a variety of cocktails, wines, and local craft beers. We also host many community events, live music, and fundraisers. In many ways, however, the food, drinks and events are merely a means to an end, that is to connect with people and create a unique and personal experience for every guest who walks through our doors. We are looking for people who want to be part of the community as a whole and are passionate about connecting with people and creating a warm and welcoming environment while delivering the highest level of service to our guests. We are committed to building staff members who embody our mission and values and encourage others in that direction as well.
Staff member benefits include free on-site housing, an hourly wage and equitable share of the tip pool paid out bi-weekly, a free shift meal, and free and discounted activities. Seasonal and year-round opportunities are available.
Apply today and join us for our Winter Season!
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Passionate about connecting with people
- Presents a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Exhibits a high level of self-awareness and is driven toward personal and professional growth
- Committed to excellence and pays attention to the details
- Self-starter and a hard worker who takes initiative to do what needs to be done
- Team-oriented mindset
- Takes ownership of and pride in their job and furthering the vision and mission of the Outpost
- Is a leader and torchbearer for our culture and values. Sets a good example by honoring community standards, both on and off the clock.
- Understands and is willing to undertake the challenges of living and working in communal housing in a remote location.
What does this job entail?
- Guest services- create a warm and welcoming environment from the moment someone walks through the door to the moment they leave
- Take orders at the counter, pour/make drinks, assist with running food and bussing tables
- Interact with guests in the dining room, check on them throughout their meal, refill drinks and bus tables
- Follow opening and closing task lists to ensure a clean and professional presentation of the bar and dining room areas
- Demonstrate safe alcohol service, including checking IDs and knowing how and when to cut someone off (all staff are required to take the Colorado ServSafe Alcohol training course. If possible, this should be completed before arrival at the Outpost).
- Use Toast POS system effectively
- Handle cash and credit card transactions
- Assist with any other tasks or duties, as assigned, including helping other departments if needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 1 year experience working in the hospitality/restaurant industry
- High School Graduate/GED equivalency
- Valid driver’s license
- ServSafe Alcohol certification
- Ability to work in a standing position for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 60lbs (50lbs overhead)
- 2+ years working in the hospitality/restaurant industry
- Bartending experience